MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby cherylk » 25 Jan 2009, 19:07

Jen,
Do you know anything about Stage 3 breast cancer? One of my friends called me tonight to tell me that is her situation. She is going to have chemo and then surgery. She also has an autistic son who has lost his eyesight. Thanks in advance for any input.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 25 Jan 2009, 23:20

Cheryl -
Well lets hope you do not have to cancel this next vacation! It sounds like it will be alot of fun. You will have to keep us updated.
School is so hectic. I never have time to do anything it seems. I am taking community, med surg & psych nursing this semester. How much longer does your son have? Thats too bad about your friend in dental school. It makes me sad to see people get booted out of the program. Most people in my class are older and do have families they need to support.
I don't know too much about the stages of cancer. We have studied treatments, but not stages. I will pray for her. My grandmother died of breast cancer when she was only 50, which is way to young to go. I never even got to meet her.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 26 Jan 2009, 00:27

Jen,
I looked up Stage III breast cancer via google. I'll also ask my psychiatrist about it. It just makes me so angry when something like this happens to a person/parent with an autistic offspring. Most people have no understanding of the amount of stress that having an autistic child generates. Lance's former psychiatrist told me once that the amount of stress is greater than PTS syndrome. I don't really understand how anyone can measure stress, but I remember when he told me that.
I don't think my hairdresser's husband really got booted out of dental school; I think he just decided to quit because he had a problem with a professor that wasn't going to go away. My hairdresser said he talked to the dean about the sitatuion, and he just blew him off.
As for my son, he is midway through his second year with 2 more years to go! Right now he is working on getting a paid internship for this summer. The classes are very, very difficult. Med/surg and psych sound interesting for you. One reason I decided to not major in psych was I started reading about my own situation in abnormal psych as I used to have panic attacks!! Fortunately, those are a thing of the past. Good luck with classes!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Corsi » 26 Jan 2009, 01:15

February 23rd Jen, I wish it was tomorrow :)
I'm having a mammography done today, just a check...I'm checking my whole body these days :)
Good advice Jen, to continue with the supplements after LIS...I have thought a lot about it myself, because everytime I've changed things the result has been Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 26 Jan 2009, 11:41

Good luck today Corsi! You are very smart to get a mammogram - all women should. How is your fissure pain? Do you have spasms? Or just blood & pain?
Cheryl - I am so sorry about your friend. I will pray for her. If I ever have a breast cancer scare, I will just get a mastectomy. It will be hard, but I am afraid I will have my grandmother fate (and genes) if I don't. She died way too young. Of corse, that was in the 1974, and medical advancement has come along way - I am sure your friend has aalot more options now. BTW - I am still laughing about your avatar!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 26 Jan 2009, 12:03

Jen,
Thanks for praying for my friend. Her name is Sherry. I am still upset about her situation, but did just speak with Dwight about her, so I feel slightly better. I know Sherry is going to have surgery, but I don't know how extensive it will be, and she is going to have chemo also. I think exercise can help prevent breast cancer. Sherry is somewhat overweight and big breasted, which are two risk factors. I don't know of anyone else in her family who has had it. We have been friends for over 25 years and have attended many autism support meetings together. Cheryl
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 08 May 2009, 13:43

Wow I just wanted to say I am glad you are better Jen. I finally got time to read this thread...

Postby Jen » 05 Jun 2009, 09:49

Hi guys!
Well, it has been a couple weeks since my last post - I have been busy, busy, busy with school as always. I just finished my 360 hoursin the ER, so that will open up some more free time for me! Image
After months of feeling almost normal, I have been having some slight issues this week that I need to vent about. My stools have been real hard this week. I have no idea why. I have 1-2 BM's a day, so it is not constipation. They feel like they are streaching my butt to the max and it hurts. They have left me very sore, however, I am lucky because I don't think I have retore as of yet. I am just having a very sore feeling down there. My butt is also spasming when these rock hard BM's are coming out - it's just so scared something will retare it!
One day, my BM was just not going to come out. So, for the first time in my life, I used a fleets enema, and with one little squirt, it seemed my whole colon was cleaned out! But the next day, everything was hard again. I have not changed anything in my routine.
I think I want to make an appointment with my CRS today - just for some nitro. It would make this soreness feel better.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2009, 10:44

Hey sweet Jen ! Image
Are you still using benifibre ?? I just started and it is very good stuff, super soft BMs ! Image
Maybe the recent stress of your studies, being a mum, the stresses of life !! :roll:
You can get back on track and the cream would be a safeguard !
Constipation can be defined as having uncomfortable BMs, you need to soften them BMs before they do anymore damage !

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jun 2009, 11:07

I second what Tabby said !!! Sorry to hear about discomfort Image . I am sure that making poop soft would help and it is a very important now , dear Jen. Whatever helped before , use it now for a week or two , even if it is MOM ! Many things effect BM consistency Image - from hormonal changes to dehydration, so before you discover what actually caused the sudden change - take preemptive measures and soften it up ASAP ! How about that "fig-based " natural supplement that somebody new here mentioned !?! I HATE MY BRAIN - can not remember anything any more due to constant stress Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61