My Hemorrhoidectomy experience today!

Hemorrhoidopexy, Spinchterotomy & Open Hemorrhoidectomy

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My Hemorrhoidectomy experience today!

Postby thatpinoydude » 11 Jun 2016, 12:58

Hello all, after lurking in the forums for a while that greatly helped me making decisions, i want to share my experience with the surgeries, currently 9 hours post-op.

At 31 yrs old i didnt even expect ill ever go with surgeries since i lead a pretty active lifestyle.. was diagnosed with grade 3 internal hems with very bad bleeding and fissure with sentinel pile a month ago, its cos of the unholy combination of steaks, alcohol, soda, and bad straining habits during my annual vacation! The hems are one thing, but the fissure was there to bring real blood and pain! I literally scratch walls during b.m and it took me long time to visit the doctor because i was nervous on anything that bleeds, i thought i could reverse it by using pain meds and laxatives which didnt help. i was anxious of whats causing the burning pain every after BM that would bother me for the whole day. Passing stool is torture its lime shards of glass squeezed through a straw!.

Upon return to work i visited a laparoscopic surgeon here in dubai (best in keyhole surgeries) and gave me antibiotics, NSAID, daflon and xylocaine jelly last week to due to infection.

Booked surgery today, june-11 to undergo Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy, Open Hemorrhoidectomy, LIS and polypectomy this morning, i didnt even know its possible to be done all at once! Was really nervous in the op table my heart was thumping loud and the anaesthesiogist says close your eyes in 3..2..1 and im out. Woke up around after 2hrs later, pain threshold was 4/10 with a bloated feeling. Total procedure took well under 40mins

So far the anesthesia wore off and im just feeling a dull and 'tired' sensation over the area which is manageable. I Am anxious to have my 1st BM which doc says should be 36 hrs from now, and crossing fingers theres no blood or pain.

I will be discharged tomorrow and hopefully get list of pain meds and softeners.. will update my day to day progress til it heals 100%

I hope to recover from this without complications and also you my friends going thru these challenging times i wish you well!

Cheers
Joe
Last edited by thatpinoydude on 13 Jun 2016, 18:00, edited 2 times in total.
thatpinoydude
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: My Surgery Experience Today!

Postby chachacha » 11 Jun 2016, 15:42

Thank you for posting about your experience, and I hope that you'll continue to keep us up to date on how things go. I hope that your first BM is an easy one and that you are back to your old self soon.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Re: My Surgery Experience Today!

Postby thatpinoydude » 13 Jun 2016, 17:48

Hello guys. Day 3 and Was finally able to bm after 24 hours yesterday. Pain scale 3/10 no blood no spotting just gotten rid of the dressing/cotton.

Felt like a relief! Right now im having b.m. like 2-3x a day with minimal pain, no bleeding and just minor tenderness and swelling. Making sure to get on the sitz bath with betadine drops after every bm and put a pea sized betadine ointment on the area after sitz bath.

Im currently on movical stool softener and plenty of liquids, veggies, fruits, prunes and bit of walking after meals.

Hope all is well for u guys too! God bless
thatpinoydude
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here