New Posting Place for QueenofPain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Posting Place for QueenofPain

Postby queenofpain » 17 Oct 2007, 09:02

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the feedback about Nifedipine. I feel better now. Public transportation might be better for me heading downtown, or a bit further, even though I live on the North Side of the city. So, I'm considering Dr. Weisman, but have other names. It's so funny you mention about female doctors. Two people recently said the same thing to me. I guess it just depends. Thanks, again!
Queenofpain/AgonyAnn
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby queenofpain » 17 Oct 2007, 13:42

Anyone know which cream is less likely to cause headaches - nifedipine or diltiazem, or is it about evenly divided? I'm under the impression that nitro is probably the worst, am I correct? It seems like most boardies use nifedipine or diltiazem. Why is there so much inconsistency among doctors about having to apply it inside versus being able to apply it outside?
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 17 Oct 2007, 13:56

I can only say for myself but the Diltiazem did not seem to aggravate my headaches and I am prone to migraines.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Oct 2007, 14:08

I don't think the BP creams cause headaches per se, but the nitro does. Some people have stated the BP creams give them a headache, but like Lecia, I suffer from migraines but the nefedipine never gave me any headache.
Deleted User 5

Postby queenofpain » 18 Oct 2007, 08:07

Okay, guys, thanks for the input about the creams. You guys are great, and I'm learning more from this board than any other source.
QueenofPain/AgonyAnn
Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Jude 2
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 18 Oct 2007, 18:51

Hey Ann,
I just wanted to touch base and let you know I asked my CRS for a name of a doc in Chicago. She recommended Julia Chen. She was just a few years ahead of her in medical school.
She didn't give me any contact info but I hope the name will at least help!
Lecia :^^^:

Postby queenofpain » 19 Oct 2007, 06:24

Okay, thanks, Lecia. At least, I have some names to work with now. I hope your appointment went well, and that the exam wasn't too bad.
Queenofpain/AgonyAnn
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 19 Oct 2007, 07:15

You know it was uncomfortable at the time (she has to use a child size anoscope) but today it feels better. I think stretching out the rectum helped with the pain.

Postby queenofpain » 19 Oct 2007, 07:23

Thanks for telling me about it. I prayed for you. I'll have to suggest that to my next CRS - a child-sized anoscope. I just don't want any tearing or torture during the process.
Queenofpain/AgonyAnn
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 19 Oct 2007, 07:29

Thank you! Yeah, she tried the adult size and there was no way. So maybe suggest that ahead of time before they even go there. Bear down a little to help relax the muscles while he is doing it and that will help.