New Posting Place for QueenofPain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Posting Place for QueenofPain

Postby queenofpain » 26 Nov 2007, 16:52

Okay, thanks, Kim. Anyone know if Q-tips are okay for application?
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 26 Nov 2007, 16:59

Qtips should be fine. It is not like that area is sterile anyway. I know another boardie who used that technique.

However you can get it up there I think is fine because I know that is a challenge for you.

Let us know how it goes!

Postby buttgirl » 26 Nov 2007, 18:11

I've heard of people using Q-tips. they are sprayed with an antibacterial solution prior to pachaging, so they should be fine.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 27 Nov 2007, 05:05

when I tried the nitro(I was allergic to it) I tried a q tip, but was afraid of jabbing it in the wrong place and re-injuring the fissure! With regard to only using it once a day, our diltiazem over here says to only use it twice a day, but I got better results using it four times a day, like the US diltiazem says. I'm not sure how often its safe to use nitro though, but I would think you would feel better quicker if you used it more often. Just my opinion, it could be wrong!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby queenofpain » 27 Nov 2007, 09:43

Hi Val,
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I was doing fine in terms of fissure pain from midday, October 31, so I thought I would ease my way into nitro and guage the headache situation. Unfortunately, I went into fissure pain yesterday afternoon at work, and I really feel it is linked to sitting on this chair all day. I have ordered the cushion that was in a link that Lecia sent, so I hope it'll help. At any rate, I applied the nitro twice yesterday, and don't seem to have the headache issue yet - it's too early to tell. I also have a job interview next week (my current situation is going to remove my flex schedule (working four long days) by April, and there is another opportunity that may allow me to continue with the flex). I feel I will have to be upfront about my pain issues, if they are interested in me. It would be easier if I didn't have to deal with a job prospect while in pain, but the possibility is out there now. At any rate, my questions are:
1) How long does it usually take to notice a difference when beginning one of the cream interventions? I thought last week the CRS told me 12 weeks, but I'm sure I didn't process what he said correctly.
2) Has anyone else who has to sit all day at work been able to heal with the medication? I would hate to have surgery just because a chair is aggravating the situation.
3) Any advice about managing pain when you have to sit all day at work?
Thanks, Val (or anyone with insights)!
Queenofpain/AgonyAnn
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby queenofpain » 27 Nov 2007, 09:51

Thanks, BG. I was just concerned about the fibers of the Q-tip getting into the fissure or something, you know what I mean? So far, no terrible headaches, but it's early. I just hope the nitro works. I need to conquer this pain!
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby queenofpain » 27 Nov 2007, 10:16

Yeah, you're right, Lecia. It's not like the area is sterile, so Q-tips should be okay. The CRS only wants me to apply externally, anyway, so I should be good. Thanks.
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Nov 2007, 11:06

Cotton fibers should be no problem even if a few did get buried in the fissure.
I'm willing to guess if you don't get headaches right from the start, then you aren't as vulnerable to them as some people are. But if you accidentally get too big a dose you might have one.
Deleted User 5

Postby queenofpain » 27 Nov 2007, 11:18

Alright, thanks, Kim. Yeah, I seem to be dealing okay in the headache department, but I am taking Advil for the fissure pain. I don't know if that's offsetting other pain, but I suspect I'm tolerating nitro okay.
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Nov 2007, 11:24

Some people can take nitro without the headaches, and it seems like you are one, you lucky thing!! It means you can use it as long as it takes. Give it some time Val, and it may just very well do the trick!! I am optimistic!!
Deleted User 5