Nifedipine cream versus Diltiazen cream

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Nifedipine cream versus Diltiazen cream

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 16:00

Phew.. Diltiazem is my security blanket!!
Every fridge should have some :)

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 16:02

I used both before and am using both now for the good measure LOL ! Yes, the only difference with Nitro and Nife. is headache or no headache. Although sometimes I feel like with Nitro the effect is faster and it does relax my sphincter little bit better, but I guess that would be individual. I also use both outside since my CRS suggested that it is absorbed through skin anyway - same like Nitro patch that is given to heart patients.
Regarding long term use - my mother in law is on Nitro for 40 years now (pills) + other high blood meds and she is active and in fantastic form 85 years old - better health than mine - that is for sure LOL !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 16:45

Is the Diltiazen cream supposed to be refrigerated? I keep my at room temp in my bedroom.
Here is an aside--I just read on the net that researchers are starting to experiment with "making" new bladders for people created from a certain type of cell. If they can do that for bladders which are obviously very necessary, maybe there will be some new technique/procedure (stem cells or something) for our butt area which is not as crucial as a bladder. Just a hopeful thought.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 17:48

I was just talking about that with my hubby 3 days ago in the car LOL, trying to convince myself that "one day" I will be pain free for sure ...yeah suuuure
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 17:49

I have often wondered why they can't do a rectal transplant or something. I have heard that they can reconstruct a rectum and a vagina so why not and even do gender reassignment!

My diltiazem says it needs to be refrigerated so I kept it there but it was such a pain having to go downstairs and get it when I needed it.

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 17:55

And what about people such as Farrah Fawcett who had rectal cancer. I guess they have to cut out the cancer. I'll ask my CRS about the refrigeration of diltiazem tomorrow. It seems that it should have indicated that on my tube if it were necessary. I know it was compounded at a special pharmacy that I go to.
They can even take away the lining of the uterus now for heavy bleeding. Surely better treatments for AF's and hemmies can be devised as people continue to eat unhealthy diets (except for us people) and probably develop more rectal prob and digestive issues.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 17:55

Oh dear Lecia - they can probably do so much but obviously choose not to spend much time or funds for our buts :( :( :( They can operate brain tumors through the nostrils and can't "glue" one paper cut in a butt??? Give me a break Image !!!!!
I did not know about the "fridge" part, but even though my creams are 6 months old they are still potent !!! Did I say potent Image ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 19 May 2008, 18:28

I used the nifedipine for 2 months. I was not putting it in internally. I thought it was working ok, until I went to another CRS and he believes in nitro. The nitro is amazing! It truely paralyzes the bum. It has worked wonders for me. I never got any headache either - but I have never been one to get a headache unless drinking wine is invovled Image !
I think everyones body workes differently with different drug interactions. One thing is for sure - it is worth trying all the different creams to see what works best for you. If I never tried the nitro - I would have had LIS by now. Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 18:48

We should probably remember to keep everything in perspective. Patrick Swayze would most likely give anything to trade places with us and our butt probs. Also, one of my friends has gone through chemo, a double mastectomy, and now radiation. Maybe we should concentrate on what is right with our bodies and be thankful for that, and I am speaking to myself primarily with that comment.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 19:32

Of course there are worse things than this - but I can't accept this condition - period LOL! maybe with time I will have to - but I hope not. I always put quality of life ABOVE longevity - would always choose to have a short and happy one than live 100 years with ailments - but that is just me Image !
Fissulyna
VIP