Nifedipine cream versus Diltiazen cream

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Nifedipine cream versus Diltiazen cream

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 20:00

I hear you, Fiss. Having these butt probs is often just so frustrating. My family thinks I make a bigger deal about it than it should be, so I was kind of playing the devil's advocate philosophically. Here's hoping that we all feel better soon. I will concentrate on sending healing energy/prayers when I read about others' situations.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 20:06

One thing I have learned from this is you never know what is going on in other people's lives. They might look perfectly normal (like we do) but be suffering tremendously. That has taught me not to be envious of what a great life that someone appears to have. Someone is probably envious of me and they don't realize the amount of crap I have gone through!

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 20:09

This is the article about the bladders:
Working bladders grown from animal cells

Months after being implanted into research animals, "neo-bladders" created from progenitor cells appear to function much like natural bladders, researchers have shown.
Stem cells become progenitor cells on the way to becoming specialized cells forming particular types of tissue. Neo-bladders are created by removing bladder progenitor cells during bladder biopsies, growing the cells in culture and then seeding them onto a biodegradable bladder-shaped scaffold made out of collagen or other material.
Since the recipient's own progenitor cells are used to create the bladder, the need for immune-suppressing drugs to prevent rejection is eliminated.
cherylk
VIP

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 20:12

Lecia,
You are so right!!! I remember a few years ago when I really had my horrible constipation problem and I told my co-worker I really didn't feel that well, she remarked that I really looked great for not feeling very well. So, we really do not know how much anyone is suffering. One positive thing about having this prob--I have a much greater empathy for others that are going through suffering (even if a different kind)--even now my in-laws!
To improved health for all,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 20:45

No matter how I turn it or change the angle or try to find some positive in this god forsaken condition - I just can't LOL ! I was compassionate all my life, I helped left and right any way I could, family members as well as total strangers. I was always eating healthy food - lots of fiber! Never enjoyed drinking, didn't even drink a Coke for God's sake ! I had my BMs as a clock-work 2 times a day - so I really can't see anything good about this situation - except that I met some wonderful people on this board - yeah- that is the one and only positive thing!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 19 May 2008, 23:17

Fiss -
Can I ask how you got your fissure? I mean - if you always went 2 times a day and ate healthy - how did it happen?
I have always ate REALLY healthy. I just have an addiction to diet pepsi and never have been a water drinker until now. This, in combination of my delivery caused my issues I think. I used to go every 3, 5, or even 7 days and thought it was normal. I bet I have had the hemmies for a long time too.
We are going to heal everyone!!! People have healed from terminal diseases and we will all overcome this. We may have to be careful our whole lives - but we will get better!!! Image
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2008, 18:39

Hey Jen : ) ! I wrote complete report long time ago - but I will write it again so maybe somebody else would be saved from this thing happening - although whoever comes here already have a fissure LOL ! But - here it goes.
I went to vacation ( Hawaii) one beautiful, sunny early morning. Limo driver came little bit earlier and I did not have a chance to go to the bathroom and have my BM that I usually have first thing in the morning. My husband had an injury and could not carry heavy stuff although he insisted - I made him not carry all the stuff himself
and so I was carrying VERY heavy, huge suitcases too. When we came to the airport I felt like going to the bathroom but I hate public bathrooms and decided to hold it . We traveled for 5 hours and I did not keep myself hydrated and to make the things worse had a glass of white vine - the thing I never do in the plane - just my hubby wanted to make a toast and so I had it. We came to H. and again, I carried a lot of heavy stuff and was still dehydrated. I insisted on going to grocery shopping before we go to the condo
so that we can immediately go to the beach and not worry about other stuff. In the grocery store I again felt like going and I told myself : " Hey Fissy, enough of this craziness - go an poop like all other people , what is wrong with you??? " So I went and I set on the toilet and tried to relax without success. People were screaming around - somebody's kids argued in the next stall , whole commotion - I just can' t go in public places - just one of my quirks : (((. I can't even go when it is total quiet since I am afraid I would make an embarrassing sound - like pass the gas - god forbid !!! So I set ,and set and finally got upset that I can't go like regular folks and pushed with all my might and since my internal super sphincter was in spasm out of psychosis I tore myself open Image !!! I felt pain but was happy that I made it and did not think anything about it until pain continued and became stronger and STRONGER every day. Last 5 days I stayed in bed and prayed to God to help me live through journey back home and I was still sure that "it was nothing "- maybe some hemmie or something like that and that that my GP will fix in a day or 2- and oh well - we now how that day or two ended up :( :( :( .
So, there is my story - I did it to myself :pale: - it is result of my stubbornness and of pushing myself over my limits - I can't forgive myself for doing what I did - but who could even dream about this happening , I never had any problems down there , not even a hemmie - never heard of fissure in my life Image .
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 20 May 2008, 18:56

Fiss,
Don't beat yourself up too badly. Similarl to you in 2004 I created a hemmie prob while traveling with my husband to Tennessee in the car and not drinking enough water (he doesn't like to stop). Then pushed and ended up with a huge thrombosed hemmroid. My biology teacher always told us it is not a mistake unless we repeat a behavior.
That is too bad about your trip to Hawaii, however. I love it there and want very much to go back even though it is a long flight. Thanks for all of the good wishes and advice.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 20 May 2008, 19:01

Thanks Cheryl for making me feel better about myself :_): and you are welcome ! I hope that you will not forget us and that you will stop by occasionally to say hello Image !!!
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby cherylk » 20 May 2008, 19:15

Fiss,
I am glad that you feel better about yourself, and I don't plan to leave here for awhile as I don't think I am ready to graduate myself away from all of you quite yet.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP