oh no, not again!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: oh no, not again!

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2008, 14:54

Please dont panic Val Image
That is really good news that he says he will do the next surgey, any chance he can hurry things along for you?
I suppose the next step now is to see your GP and gain some facts about what is going on,
Do you have any check up after the A/bs ?

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2008, 15:08

I am glad at least he is willing to see you through this. I wish we knew more about what this is and what caused it and what kind of surgery he is recommending.

How is the pain?

Postby buttgirl » 29 Apr 2008, 16:07

It's god that he is willing to do the surgery. That's a relief. I know how scary it is to have to go through a healthcare system that screwed up badly before (my Kaiser your NHS). Induration sounds probably right. I'm wondering if he found a hard spot that he thinks is an abscess??? If that is the case, it may just be scar tissue too. Oh, I hope it's scar tissue Val.
Hang in there.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 29 Apr 2008, 17:20

val - is this due to complications w/ the fissure or the fistula? i can't believe you have to go thru another operation, i wish you knew more about the reasoning behind it!! how frustrating! did he not explain why he wanted you on antibiotics?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 29 Apr 2008, 20:36

Oh Val - I wish you the best of luck! I hope all is well and keep us updated!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 30 Apr 2008, 00:47

thank you everyone for all your kind words and support. I think my CRS knows that I freak out about everything so he plays it all down - he did the same before because my hubby told him that I panic about everything. He just said that the antibiotics were precautionary and that there could be a number of things causing it but he wouldn't know til he could look properly under GA, but that it wouldn't be as bad as before!!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2008, 06:29

Dear Val, I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I'll be praying for you that everything goes smoothly and the doctor can figure this out.
(((HUGS)))
Julie

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2008, 08:29

So, it sounds like he doesn't really know and that the best way to figure it out would be to do an exploratory surgery and see if anything needs repairing. I hope they can do something for you quickly so you don't have to agonize so much about what could be the matter and deal with this pain.

Hang in there!

Postby juney » 30 Apr 2008, 10:20

is that what it is val - exploratory surgery? I don't really understand why he wouldn't tell you his reasoning for putting you under and operating again. I'm trying to find your other posts, but what caused you to go back to the dr again? I remember you had some blood recently, was it that?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 30 Apr 2008, 11:58

it suddenly started bleeding and hurting again, and seemed to be getting worse, so thats why I went back. I think he has an idea what it is, as he gave me antibiotics, so I'm a bit worried that its an abcess again EEEEK!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86