padding after lis??

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

padding after lis??

Postby New mum » 16 Nov 2010, 05:11

Its now been over 24hrs and I still have the padding up my butt, my question is how long till it ahould fall out as I have not had a bowel movement. I am a little over this padding stuff.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: padding after lis??

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2010, 07:38

Hey New mum, if your packing is inside, then it should pass with your first poop. Since you had an enema the day of your LIS, you may not poop the day after but should go by the second day after your lis. Eat plenty of your high fiber foods :)
If your packing is on the outside and just pressed against your anus, you may be able to take a warm bath- as I did and remove it easily. Did they tell you if it's inside and give you any post-op directions that say when you can have your baths?

Postby PaulsPain » 16 Nov 2010, 07:57

I am assuming your packing is inside based on your post. Both of my surgeries I had packing inside my anus.
After my LIS, it caused me a lot of grief. I finally passed it the night of the surgery day with my first BM.
For my last surgery, for abscess/fistula, I sat in a warm tub of water and slowly pulled it out over about 1/2 hour period. Hurt like heck but I can't stand the pressure caused by the packing.

PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 16 Nov 2010, 08:13

Hey New mum, the reason I ask if they told you if it's inside or out is because mine was very annoying and shoved pretty tight in my crack... If I hadn't asked I don't believe I could tell the difference and wouldn't have known I could remove it before my bm.
I hope you have your bm soon and get that stuff out. As Paul said it causes a lot of pressure and is uncomfortable.

Postby New mum » 16 Nov 2010, 13:43

I guess its on the inside but I can feel it, I have had heaps of baths thinking that it may come out then but nop.....
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby StevePain » 16 Nov 2010, 16:00

Be patient and it will come out when your on the toilet, it does cause a lot of pressure but you will be relieved once it's passed.
@Paul, I can't stand the pressure either, couldn't wait to pass mine even though it was painful
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45