Post LIS discharge

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post LIS discharge

Postby Jen » 15 Mar 2009, 16:06

Corsi -
My discharge was actually not from my LIS at all - it was from my hemmie removal. Sometimes I would poop out nothing but a bunch of mucus - no BM at all. Here is the thread -
http://anal-fissure.org/general-anal-fissure-discussion-f2/mucus-t1285.htm?highlight=mucus
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 15 Mar 2009, 16:53

I want to say my discharge (the stuff I said was clear) was egg whitish from time to time, and even slightly brow from BM's
Good one Jen - Mine was the same like that for 3 weeks , now 7 weeks post LIS I still have a little issue with moisture :oops:
Garlic totally kicks ass !
Lets talk football sized poops :roll: I remember you saying Jen that your BMS returned to normal size ! When did that happen ??

Postby Jen » 15 Mar 2009, 17:44

Tabbs -
LOL! Yes those darn football sized poo...I can't even remember when they returned to normal, it took a couple months. They are very normal now, pre LIS sized. However, they are not prefissure sized because prefissure BM's were very large and hard for me & I thought that was normal!! :)
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Mar 2009, 17:48

Yikes! And I thought my giant snakes were huge! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 15 Mar 2009, 18:01

Right on Jen !!
How wonderful i can ask these questions , I think my size i returning to "normal" now, no complaints Image

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Mar 2009, 00:37

Oh boy LOL, I am with Kim here Image - thanks goodness I never had THAT big BMs . It looks like I "thought " they were big , but they were only big in comparison to my pre LIS poop ha ha ha. Oh boy - this is hilarious , and yes - the only place in the whole world where one can compare poop in all of its glory - color, shape, size , consistency, frequency, did I forget some attribute Image , oh yes LOL, there is one more Image - good that that one is very hard to describe except with one word - stinks Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 16 Mar 2009, 02:49

Tabby wrote: Good one Jen - Mine was the same like that for 3 weeks , now 7 weeks post LIS I still have a little issue with moisture :oops:

...and it's all normal according to the papers I got from the hospital, and as Fissy told me it's because of the trauma after LIS.
Anyone who knows how long time it takes before it heals on the inside (the sphincter that is cut, etc.)?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Mar 2009, 07:16

I don't see why it wouldn't heal any slower than the fissure would typically heal after LIS, 4-8 weeks and perhaps even a bit faster???
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2009, 10:28

Maybe that is the difference I am seeing then Fissy !
All I know is that is a few weeks back they were Image and now they are more normal :roll: text book size , perfect ! Image
Corsi I am cool with the moisture thing for now ..
I would think the very same Kim, 7 week stage and I do not feel that LIS side now !
Handsome lad Corsi Image

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Mar 2009, 19:19

Heh heh Tabby Image Could you believe 2 months ago that you will have pain free butt (KTW) and picture perfect Image LOL !?!? How cool is that Image
Yes, I agree with Kim, I also think that anything done down there should heal in ideal world BY 8 weeks , more likely at 12, and for many after 16 weeks !!! So - Corsi - too early to worry about anything at all Image
:dancing:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61