Fissure and hemorrhoidectomy

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Fissure and hemorrhoidectomy

Postby LIS Cyprus » 02 Dec 2013, 07:50

Hi
I am still fairly new to forum and my story slightly different. I am gluten intolerant and until I controlled this with diet suffered frequent bouts of diarrhea. The diarrhea caused my haemorrhoids, I am rarely if ever constipated so don't strain and font have a tight sphincter.
In July this year I had a bad bout of diarrhea which aggravated the haemorrhoids. After treating myself unsuccessfully I consulted my GP who sent me to the general surgeon, being a small island in Cyprus the general surgeon dies these type of procedures. He diagnosed a large fissure that would not heal and two external haemorrhoids.
I had a three night stay in hospital and great care. He stitched the fissure and remove the haemorrhoids. I had very little pain, the BM is now just slightly sore and no blood.

I am now at day 19 post op saw the doc today who says everything is progressing normally and should be back to normal by the end of the year.

The fissure seems to have healed, however the site of the haemorrhoids is still quite sore. My anus feels lumpy and swollen to touch. I can sit for some time but am constantly conscious that my bottom is sore.

What can I do to speed the healing process? My stools are soft, I keep it very clean. Do sitz baths speed up healing.
Any suggestions appreciated
Sue
LIS Cyprus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Fissure and hemorrhoidectomy

Postby pinpin » 10 Dec 2013, 03:03

Are you getting spasm sensations after bm? If yes how much hours you feel pain?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Fissure and hemorrhoidectomy

Postby LIS Cyprus » 10 Dec 2013, 03:12

No spasm at all. Only had the spasms for the first 8 hours after the operation. To update it is now 27 days post op and big improvement over the past week I would say 80% normality. One concern is I do have a skin tag following the removal of one of the haemorrhoids. Saw doc 10 days ago and he said all should be back to normal by the end of the year approx 7 weeks post op. Still washing bum after BM not sure ever get back to wiping!
LIS Cyprus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5