terrified

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: terrified

Postby Loves Tennis » 07 Jan 2014, 16:40

Hi Scared Ann........I wish I could help but I wasn't as "special" as you !!! My surgeon said an abcess / infection is a risk with LIS but it didn't happen to me........at least the abscess is away from your direct anus and once it is drained it will heal quickly and I am sure you will be put on antibiotics. Keep positive, keep breathing all will be well this is just a little set back, you will bounce back soon Sending you healing wishes xx
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby scared ann » 07 Jan 2014, 17:16

Thank you LovesTennis ! I don't really know where is the abcess but bump is in between my butt cheek and my anus .he squeeze and there is yellow thing came out.Im soooo terrified again and panicking.i was so lucky that I did not go to much pain with LIS recovery.and I don't know about this time.feeling so sad.then I read about abcess will turn into fistula ohhhhh noooo....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Loves Tennis » 08 Jan 2014, 07:13

Hi scared Ann, I was talking to a friend who had similar to you........the abscess cleared up quite quickly for her once the dr dealt with it and she was on antibiotics.........Keep positive..... it's different to the fissure so keep imagining it healing and it will......would a salt bath help ? salt is a great healer......
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 08 Jan 2014, 07:22

Hi LovesTennis !thanks for the info.hows her pain after they cut her abcesss can you ask her please.im just so terrified right now.i will try the salt bath.never done try it.i used Epsom salt way Bach when my fissure flared up.is it antibiotic give you diarrhea?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Loves Tennis » 08 Jan 2014, 07:41

She got great relief when they sorted her abscess and no diarrhea with anti b, ordinary painkillers over the counter sorted any pain, when you having procedure done ? good luck
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 08 Jan 2014, 08:59

Thanks LovesTennis ! I will have my procedure done tomorrow.does your friend have open wound?how did affect her BM?sorry I have to many questions. I am really terrified with all this.did her turn into a fistula?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Loves Tennis » 08 Jan 2014, 10:30

No she had no open wound, it healed up completely and BM were ok, she didn't get a fistula and is 100% healed, have faith your sugeon will sort you out. Good luck xxx
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 08 Jan 2014, 11:43

thank you so much LovesTennis !!!
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Loves Tennis » 12 Jan 2014, 12:33

Hi Scared Ann.......how did the procedure go ? and how are you doing now ? I hope it is finally All beginning to heal and get better and that you are not in too much pain. Thinking of you
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Postby scared ann » 12 Jan 2014, 17:00

Hi LovesTennis !!! How are you doing ?hope everything is great for you and your family.... Thank you for checking on me.
My CRS made a cut about half an inch to drained the abscess and he clean the incision. I felt sore the first day and little burning. But what I don't understand I do BM 4 times a day.is that something to be alarm?and how do I know if I am making progress when it comes to healing? I still have some spotting I don't know if from the abscess is that normal?

GOD BLESS !!!
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist