LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Postby FissureHome » 24 Dec 2013, 16:21

Magnesium also helps to keep the stool soft..i take 2 colace (early lunch or snack and dinner) than a magnesium be4 bed..also eating lots of green veggies..Good luck scared!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby scared ann » 24 Dec 2013, 16:39

thanks edel:)I took 2 colace and miralax at night...
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby scared ann » 29 Dec 2013, 08:59

Hi Edel!how are you?
i have couple questions for you.
I have this shooting pain after each BM.did you experienced this?im on my 13th days.the first week of my surgery every BM I didn't feel any pain.why suddenly I have this achy and burning and shooting pain but bearable.my stool soft I take colace a d Miralax before bed.i really appreciate any advice...thank you
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 29 Dec 2013, 09:39

scarded ann and Edel..i have a question for you guys/gals..after LIS is there still pain when pinching off your bowel movement? or pain when sitting down?? those are my only 2 symptoms at this point..but sitting down is a major part of life and i think im gonna do LIS if it will affect me positively..im only pains really is sitting down..and after bowel movement pinching it off..even during BM doesnt really hurt much at all..Any help would be appreciated!?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 29 Dec 2013, 10:00

Hi Ann I'm still doing great thanks. I just went back to my diary & here's what I wrote on day 13...
"Hi day 13 ,
Feeling so much better. Went to gp no infection thank god just normal discharge. Every time I poop I open incision site so will take a little more time to heal that. Although just had a BM & it didn't bleed today stung like hell but eased off a bit with sitz bath maybe it's on the mend. I wish these stitches would drop off they are driving me insane :(. I don't really have pain it's all stinging & soreness the odd stabbing pain but no throbbing. I still take 2 movicol a day & will forever.
Hope everyone has a good day :)"
Does it sound a bit familiar? I really thought I had an infection then as my leakage was bit smelly all from incision site but thankfully it wasn't.
Deleted User 2543

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 29 Dec 2013, 10:04

Hi fissurehome, I'm 6mths post op now and I've no problems with bm or pain tg. I think in the early days up to at least 8wks I did have some pain but it was all a healing pain. I had to sit on a soft cushion for the first 3mths.
Deleted User 2543

Postby FissureHome » 29 Dec 2013, 10:43

wow you had to sit on a soft cushion for 3 months post op?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 29 Dec 2013, 11:34

Yep I had a few stitches and as time went on they got very tight. It was very uncomfortable to sit so a cushion helped especially in the car.
Deleted User 2543

Postby scared ann » 12 Jan 2014, 18:16

Hi Edel ! Im glad to hear that you are on the way to recovery. I'm really happy for you.as for me I went to my CRS for my two and half weeks post op.found that I f
have bump between my butt cheek and my anus where the skin tag located/incision.and he confirmed that I have infection/abscess. I was down and so upset about it... last friday my CRS cut about half and inch to drain the abscess and he cleaned the incision. Now worried again sighhhhhh
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scared ann » 12 Jan 2014, 18:31

Hi fissurehome ! I don't really have pain during BM and after just little burning because of the incision but it's not bad at all. I just took my Percoset the first night of my surgery.the first day I was taking ibefropin,then switch it to Tylenol.after one week I don't take anymore pills. The day after surgery I can sit but I used pillow just to be sure. But my CRS said I was special to get infection/abscess. But the LIS surgery was not bad at all...Does your CRS recommended that you need a surgery?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist