LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Postby FissureHome » 13 Jan 2014, 07:33

scared ann..i went to my CRS was told to give it a month and then come back..so idid and was told it looks better but still thinks ill need surgery..its been 9 weeks since then..which ive come a long way..i feel much bettter its tolerable now but still uncomfotable sitting..sometimes my coccyox bone sometimes the fissure area..it just drives me nuts..i want to sit without thinking about it..and BM's hurt a little but not much..i still debatng the surgery..i just cant really afford it and scard of incontinence..how long do your doc tell you to take stool softners for? how are you feeling now? how long has it been since surgery?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby scared ann » 13 Jan 2014, 07:56

Hi fissurehome ! What you are experiencing is exactly like mine. I used donut ring to sit on.my doctor told me that I can take stool softer and Miralax the rest of my life. I'm not really concern of incontinence because it's just gonna be temporary if you will get them.they will go back to its strength after several months to a year. Unfortunately I got the infection/abscess 1 out of 100. It's been 4 weeks now since my surgery. The surgery itself it's not bad. I was in pain the first night. But the first day of my surgery just soreness and achy I just took ibefropin. The first BM which happened the first day was painless? and the following BM too...
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby FissureHome » 14 Jan 2014, 12:58

wow glad to hear eveything worked out for you..so when you decided to do the surgery you werent in that much pain? like mine isnt that bad its tolerable but still annoying..i just want to feel normal..i wonder if it will just keep gettin better until its gone i havent had any setbacks..?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby scared ann » 14 Jan 2014, 13:59

Hi Fissurehome! Actually my fissure was healed according to my last visit to my CRS way back Sept last year. I was so happy and I said finally I'm healed.but early Nov the same year it flared up and I was in so much pain for almost 4 weeks,I went to see my CRS and he confirmed that my fissure is back. So then I decided to go for LIS,while I was waiting for my surgery scheduled it got better I don't feel pain but I know that it's not heal completely. I told him about it and he said to me that if I want to give another try using cream but he said it will always come back because it was chronic . Before my surgery I was pain free. But everybody said I need it because everybody saw me suffered with AF. The day of my surgery when I woke up I felt a little sore,before we left the hospital they gave me a dose of Percoset because I have 1 hr drive to get home.i got home and felt pain took ibeprofin but it didn't ease the pain so I took another Percoset and fall asleep. The first day of my surgery woke up I felt sore not pain just took ibeprofin 600mg,and I had the first BM which is painless didn't feel anything just very very little burning for seconds and I had two BM that day....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5