Feeling so down

Did my lis fail?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Feeling so down

Postby hopefulbutt » 02 Feb 2014, 09:50

On day 10 now after lis. My lis site almost gives me no pain, or very little. But my fissure site hurts just as much, if not worse. The muscle still hurts by my fissure and it still feels like it pulls and is sore only at fissure site. First few days only lis site hurt. I am afraid that it didn't help. My hubby is kind and says it's still early but I've read so many posts where people didn't feel their fissure at all after surgery not feel worse. Will try and call surgeon tomorrow and ask if I got a fissurectomy. Feeling really down. Hoping this wasn't for nothing. Anyone else still have fissure pain for a while after lis?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Feeling so down

Postby FissureIssues » 02 Feb 2014, 10:05

I feel your pain...
My LIS surgical site does not hurt though. For me, it's the side where I was not cut. After a spell of constipation, I am pretty sure I retore. This is stressful as this is the second LIS I have had so I feel like I am at a low point and that this has failed...
Im just really stressed.
FissureIssues

Topics: 1

Postby hopefulbutt » 02 Feb 2014, 10:59

Fissure issues. I am sorry you are in pain too. How log ago was your lis? It makes me wish I didn't even have it. I was struggling before but my fissure feels worse now- having a bm is painful ( it was better the first few days after lis) but the worst part is the awful muscle pain around my fissure that is there all day! I took a look and I can't see anything different. I don't understand if I'm looser why does the muscle still hurt so much?!
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureIssues » 03 Feb 2014, 17:33

My LIS was two weeks ago today...I don't have much pain at all though...
I just think I retore the other side when I was extremely constipated. Lately, I have been rubbing witch hazel lotion on the anal area and I think I am getting better. I wouldn't regret having it though; at the end of the day; give it a couple months; the pain will go away...
FissureIssues

Topics: 1

Postby hopefulbutt » 03 Feb 2014, 20:41

Thanks fissure issues. It's hard to give it a couple months when so many of you feel so muh better right away. My hubby called Crs and I did not get a fissurectomy. That's means it just ripped big and open during the procedure. The lis itself is fine- no complaints. Just my stupid sore muscle and fissure. Think I will just try and stay away for a while. Hard reading eeryones success while I am in pain still. I just really hope she cut enough. I wouldn't even mind found lis again if I had to but I doubt Crs would do it again.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby returnofpuzzledbutt » 04 Feb 2014, 04:29

:smilyhug: Oh hopefulbut this must b terrible for u my heart is sore for u reading ur sad wee post. You have been so brave and i hope and will b praying for u that u start havinng some relief. B good to urself and keep punching on, u will get there and heal pet. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
returnofpuzzledbutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby pinpin » 04 Feb 2014, 05:35

Hopefulbutt, my fissure/wound is so big, that I also still get spasms after BM. They are not so intense as were before, but still there. Doctor suggested wait and watch tactics for now.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby hopefulbutt » 04 Feb 2014, 07:43

Thank you puzzled butt I am trying to keep hope- maybe I'm the one who takes weeks/months instead I days but it's hard to keep going. It's hard to keep getting up everyday and having pain. Igrik how long ago was your surgery? My first 3 days after lis my fissure felt good and then horrible. Now it's just like before. ...
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 04 Feb 2014, 07:44

But it is somewhat looser so there is still time right? She said she cut 30% whatever that means.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pinpin » 04 Feb 2014, 07:58

I had my surgery 11.12.2013. Almost two months ago. It is looser, and easier to pass BM, I was cut 5-7mm.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good