Lis lump? I'm freaking

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lis lump? I'm freaking

Postby scared ann » 10 Feb 2014, 21:59

Did you have skin tag removed/cut together with your LIS? Because if you do,probably still swollen.as what I have said,I'm 2 months post op and still have pea sized swollen looking skin/lump. My CRS don't know what it was but he said will give it a time..?....sigh..... Aside from being sensitive,do you have pain before and after BM?just keep doing the zits bath it will help to sooth and help for swelling to go down...
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby hopefulbutt » 11 Feb 2014, 07:07

Thanks ann. I didn have a tag removed. My lump feels smaller in morning and swells throughout day. I am trying to be patient. It's hard not to freak out. I still am having pain before during and after a bm one fissure site only. I can see part of it finally starting to heal so that gives me some hope. I am healin much slower than I thought I would though. I wish she would not have been so conservative with he cut. I have 2 small. Stitches that haven't dissolved yet but otherwise the lis site itself feels pretty good. Today is 3 weeks from my lis.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby scared ann » 17 Feb 2014, 17:15

hi hopefulbutt !how are you?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 18 Feb 2014, 13:03

Ann thanks for asking. Lump is still gettin smaller and almost gone so that's good. Unfortunately my bum hates me and decided to rip a new fissure yesterday from a more firm bm. I am beside myself. ?€&@$! Now I am still trying to heal my old fissurr and lis site (which slowly are feeling better)I do feel more relaxed down there so how is this even possible? It doesn't look too deep though so I keep doing the diltiazam and trying to make my bms even more soft. I am exetermy frustrated and down. This has to heal at some point right? How are you doing? I hope you are still healing well.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scared ann » 18 Feb 2014, 14:02

Hi at least tag site is getting smaller.mine still the same pea sized. I'm sorry about your new fissure.we all hate pain in the bum.as of me I kind a felt weird for almost 3 days that after BM i felt burning which is new to me.my stool was soft so I don't know too..sigh...yes it we'll get better.we have to hold on...
How can you see your fissure?i can't see mine.even I will use mirror I can't see I thought fissure is inside?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 18 Feb 2014, 16:07

I bought a little magnify mirror from target. It's at the opposite side of my other fissure. My poor bum. I don't really understand why I got it. I can only hope it heals quickly. I thought about goog back to Crs but what will they tell me that I don't know? Soft bms, lots of water, use my cream, baths. I wonder if I should be putting anything on it? Neosporin? Wheat grass cream?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Feb 2014, 13:20

Hopeful, hang on in there, I'm so sorry you are having these setbacks.... Maybe you can call the CRs secretary and tell them what's happened? Xxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!