my diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: my diary

Postby Still hoping » 28 Feb 2014, 19:43

I hope your antibiotics are starting to work! Hang in there!
Still hoping
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby leanne27 » 02 Mar 2014, 01:31

Disappointed that the discharge has come back and it appears to be burning and irritating me, green and thick (lovely!). Tomorrow is my last day on antibiotics so am worried if it will get worse if it is an infection. Pain is manageable, that's a good thing as I needed to take panadol yesterday afternoon.

To top it off just found out that my parents are going to go away for a few weeks just when I am guessing that I may need the examination under GA. Again, no one to take me there or pick me up as hubby is working overseas and I haven't even told him about my delightful condition.
leanne27
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Rachael 1984 » 02 Mar 2014, 06:57

Hi L,
How are you doing? I hope you've had some improvement.... X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby leanne27 » 03 Mar 2014, 03:29

I don't think this damn thing is ever going to go away. My fear is to have the exam under GA and have him say that there is nothing there, leaving me with pain and discharge and nothing to help. I obviously don't want there to be anything really bad, just something that has a solution and an explanation for the discharge that can be fixed.

I want another good day!
leanne27
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 03 Mar 2014, 10:43

Leanne love, if your discharge hasn't improved or is getting worse, try to see the Dr asap. Before your parents leave if possible, or maybe you have a friend who could drive you. I doubt they could say there is nothing there, under the circumstances. If there's a discharge and it's getting worse, there must be something there.

I'm not saying this to scare you, but just say that I don't think you should put up with this any longer than you absolutely have to. The pain is bad and the discharge makes you feel yucky, so do try to get looked at again. I think we have a tendency to try to put up with it and power through it, but truly, I think the sooner you get seen, the sooner you can get better. I really hope so anyway. Also, if the discharge is getting worse it's important to report that to the Dr.

Take care of yourself.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby leanne27 » 04 Mar 2014, 06:28

I would say overall there is an improvement so things aren't as bad as they could be. The discharge is not as large as when it began and I did have a few days with very little. However currently I know that if I don't wear a pad that it will soak through my clothes onto the chair, and this isn't the way I want to live, I also have "leakage anxiety" despite wearing protection.

I should be seeing the CRS tomorrow however he isn't seeing patients this week (I'm guessing he's away) so there is nothing I can do. He was clear that if the discharge had not disappeared in 2 weeks (tomorrow) that I would need the exam under GA to get to the root of the issue. He also said no good and bad days, it would have to be good every day.

Anyway that gives me a week that the situation could potentially turn around (!)

I had a reasonable day up until I had my bath and didn't pay careful attention to gentle drying and really hurt myself! So angry at myself! Had to take a couple of Panadol and am trying to balance myself on one butt cheek.

It's a "lonely" disorder because it's not something that I am comfortable talking about apart from this forum. If it were an injury in any other part of the body I would be sharing with others but I really don't want to share any of this with anyone!
leanne27
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 04 Mar 2014, 11:32

Leanne, you are so right when you say it's a lonely disorder. Is there a reason you haven't mentioned it to your husband? I know he's away, but maybe he should know? It was a relief to talk to my husband about it - I tried not to talk about it too much, but just knowing he knew was a help. I'm sorry you are going through this without your husband to comfort you.

I do think the "unmentionable" aspect of fissures is hard to bear. Even if you tell a friend, you don't necessarily want to give regular updates. That's what I found, anyway. That's why this forum is so great. Keep on with your diary, and know that there are people who care.
all the best.
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby leanne27 » 05 Mar 2014, 05:51

My hubby has a phobia about all things medical, so not going to him for any support as he could possibly pass out from the mere thought of the issue!
I've had a really good day in terms of pain, I find when there is less pain I feel almost as if I have had a lovely relaxing massage and life is so different. I even did some cleaning up and managed my eating really well.
Stuff still coming out but at least the pain is manageable, YAY
leanne27
Salt Bather

Postby leanne27 » 07 Mar 2014, 05:55

So current status is one bad day yesterday and today has been a good day. Pain levels definitely less and I am more comfortable sitting. Discharge still there but again today is less. It's the weekend now and I am hoping I can get things to continue in good day mode!
leanne27
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 07 Mar 2014, 16:29

I hope so too, Leanne!
Try and have a quiet peaceful weekend - give your body a chance.
Try to spoil yourself!
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516