Surgery yesterday

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery yesterday

Postby havefaith » 13 May 2014, 10:34

Hey STOT just wanted to send healing vibrations your way and congratulate you on going fissure free in the coming months!!
I have faith in you always, i love you like my own son or daughter, when you hurt, i hurt. Let us all be each others guiding light, and heal without anxiety :) Much love to all.
havefaith
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 May 2014, 16:02

Hey STOT,
Keep going.... You are getting there, and you are doing really well. Some reassurance from the CRS always helps.
Kept us posted, and look after yourself.
By the way, is Walmart a big supermarket? Like a version of our Tesco? I really want to go to America, when I'm healed(god knows when it will be) I'm planning a big celebratory trip to New York. X

:smilyhug: :Rock: :afsmile:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sotiredofthis » 14 May 2014, 19:12

Thanks Rachael! I'm not sure if Walmart is the same. It's a big "stuff mart"! A trip to New York will be awesome when you're healed. Wish I lived there so we could meet and celebrate together!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby agnibeat » 17 May 2014, 08:23

Hi STOT,

Sorry that you have burning sensation at tag removal. It does happen for a few days..The difference can be using soft baby wiper and NOT TO WIPE to CLEAN. The nurse at my CRS told me to dab with a baby wipe as if absorbing oil spilled on floor. The nurse asked to use as many wipes as possible to clean but DAB and throw - No SWIPE/WIPE motion.... Because when the skin tag is removed, that site can give burning sensation when wiped hence the gentle DAB. Also are you taking sitz bath in warm water?

I wish you a fast recovery.
agnibeat
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sotiredofthis » 19 May 2014, 19:39

3 weeks post-op today. Things are still moving along but it seems at a slow pace. I had a little blood Saturday with my bm but that was all. My fissure and tag removal site seem to be okay but the incision site is still so sore. I wish the darn stitches would come out. They are so irritating! Still hard to sit for very long which sinks. Especially in the car. Those car seats are murder! From what I understand the incision heals last.

I'm doing the best I can with stool consistency but it can be tricky still with my IBS. I did have one attack and it went fine. No pain and I was able to hold it till I got to the bathroom. That was definitely a fear of mine. Of course I was home and the bath is just upstairs.

Thanks for all the support and prayers and well wishes! Praying for you all!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 May 2014, 02:21

Hi STOT, keep going, you are doing well. I'm sure you are recovering slowly but surely. When is your next check up with the CRS? Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby sotiredofthis » 21 May 2014, 11:30

My next check-up isn't for 2 more weeks. I am calling again today about the aching/stingy pain around my incision site. My tag removal and fissure site seem to be ok it's just the incision site. I'm so afraid of infection.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 28 May 2014, 06:37

Hi STOT,
How are you? How's the incision site now? I hope you have had some improvement. Xx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby sotiredofthis » 29 May 2014, 07:26

4 Weeks 3 days and post-op appointment update: Had my surgery follow-up yesterday with my CRS. We talked about the stingy/burning incision pain I've been having. She said my fissure and incision site are both healing very well. She went ahead and removed the stitches (Can you say OUCH!) as they were irritating me and said I have a little rash around the anal area probably due to moisture. I don't know how because I've tried to keep everything so incredibly dry! I guess you can't keep it totally dry and with surgery and stitches there a little moisture would be able to creep in. It's been hot here, too. She said to use some 1% hydrocortisone cream 1 to 3 times a day for a week and see if that helps the burning pain. Then cover the whole area with either Desitin or Calmoseptine for the rest of the summer. I'm really hoping this helps. She asked me to really limit sitz baths as well as they just creates more moisture.

She said the little bump I have at the incision site looks to be just another skin tag that has developed. Some people get that. If it continues to bother me, she will cut it off if I want. I definitely don't want anymore surgery in this area for a long time so I'm hoping it settles down with time and getting rid of the irritation.

Right now I do feel some discomfort/burning. I'm sure some of that is from the stitches being removed. I did have a few spots of blood after that. They were pretty stuck in there.

So, I guess the plan is just to keep doing what I'm doing, apply the creams and wait.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 29 May 2014, 17:23

Hi STOT,

It is nice to hear that you are on the mend. Hopefully in another week or two you will be as good as new. Wish you the best.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4