5.5 Months post op...still having some issues

Post LIS/Fissurectomy leakage

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

5.5 Months post op...still having some issues

Postby Scared21yearold » 22 May 2014, 09:20

Hello everybody,

I don't know if some of you guys remember me or not but I had LIS/Fissurectomy procedure last December. It's been 5 and a half months Post-Op and I'm having some issues still...Ever since the surgery, I had leakage after a BM. I would say the leakage got slightly better since the first week after the operation, but I do notice that I still have the leakage after a BM. I will clean up and wipe, and then a half hour later, I'll notice that I have some residue on the toilet paper still...Sometimes there's very slight mucus discharge on the toilet paper also. Last time I went to my CRS(2.5 months post op), my doctor said I was 95% healed. I mentioned the issue of cleaning up afterwards to him, but he said to me that it's probably all diet related. I really don't and haven't believed him on that one though...I know my body and ever since I developed this fissure over a year ago, I had some problems with leakage after cleaning up from a bowel movement. After the surgery, there has been slightly more leakage than before I had the surgery. I was always told originally that the leakage was most likely from the fissure scar tissue that had been building over time. After I would have a bowel movement, some residue would get attached to the scar tissue, thus creating the leakage.

It's still happening though...Will I have to live with this for the rest of my life? Should I get another opinion from another CRS? I also want to mention that I've been keeping a fiber diet ever since this ordeal. If I don't have enough fiber in one day, and if I have to "push" a little for a bowel movement, I'll notice that the leakage is worse afterwards than if it just "slid out" without pushing. Has anyone else experienced this? I just want to be totally healed and have all of this behind me but it seems like I can't.
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: 5.5 Months post op...still having some issues

Postby Roidsfizzman » 22 May 2014, 15:04

Hi Scared21,

I am 3 weeks post LIS and I also have a slight clean up one hour after a BM. I do not get any skid marks on my shorts, but I am hoping that it improves in time. I do not have any leakage when I pass gas.

There are CRS that specialize in incontinence. You should start searching your area for such a CRS. There are some muscles exersizes that can be done to help strengthen the sphincter. Diet is factor as loose stools do have more leakage. I am not ready to firm up my stools.

I have also been dealing with a little mucus that my doctor was not concerned about as the mucus is the bodies lube to exit stools if it becomes excessive then there can be an issue with infection.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby mmklinemm » 24 Aug 2014, 20:08

Scared - how are you doing? I hope things have improved for you!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Scared21yearold » 19 Oct 2014, 19:29

Hey mmklinemm!

I haven't been on here in a while because I haven't had any issues! I'm well past 10 months post-op and I feel fine! No more issues. It took a while but you just have to be patient... things really do get better after a while! :)
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Oct 2014, 19:55

I'm so glad your problems have resolved! I needed to read this tonight. Thank you! I'm having my LIS tomorrow and I'm crazy nervous.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Scared21yearold » 19 Oct 2014, 21:24

That's awesome! I don't even know why I signed into here but I'm glad my post was helpful/comforting! Seriously don't worry about a thing! If you followed my other threads, you would see that I didn't have much pain with my fissure. Surgery definitely helped me a lot though and I do not regret it at all. I was back to normal in a week and a half to 2 weeks but I had annoying mucus/stool leakage after bowel movements for a couple of months. It would subside after I went, but it was still annoying to say the least. Just give it time though. You need to be patient and give yourself adequate time to heal. I would say after 6 month mark, I was 100% back to normal without any "leakage" issues. Everyone heals differently but seriously do not worry about a thing! Ill pray for you tonight! Good luck and let us know how it goes tomorrow
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Postby Aliaa » 18 Sep 2016, 04:47

Hey scared, I am now off surgery 2 months. I am having better BM than before. But I still feel the anus part looks like being STRETCHED, you know, as if I want to go BM now but nothing comes out. I am not constipated though. I cannot sit directly on my bottom. Have you been feeling that after surgery?! Is it normal?! And how long does it take to be able to sit properly (directly) on the bottom?! Did u use any cushions to sit on?! I am so worried. I'll start college after a week and I don't know how I am going to sit in class?! I will be very grateful if u help me
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here