Flap surgery definatly going ahead!

Final questions answered...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Flap surgery definatly going ahead!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 18 May 2014, 09:35

Hi OMB!
That's great to read - I so hope this is going to help sort you out once & for all and you are in such good hands too.
I will keep checking in on your progress!! xx

:smilyhug:
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby scared ann » 21 May 2014, 16:23

Hi OMB ! I'm really happy for you...
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby owmybum » 23 May 2014, 07:57

Thanks guys!

Xxxxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby 19seventy » 25 May 2014, 13:33

Great. No worries. I didn't have the house but a little over one month out and I'm impressed with how little pain. Good luck.
19seventy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby owmybum » 27 May 2014, 11:14

That's good news 19seventy..... What flap did you have, and why did you have to have one??

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby 19seventy » 27 May 2014, 16:43

Y/V FLAP. Not sure why. He explained the whole thing and it seemed right. Covered two fissures with it at one time.
19seventy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sue30uk » 01 Jun 2014, 14:25

I have just typed a message and its disappeared, how annoying. So I will type again! OMB, I'm back. It's been 3 and a half years and unfortunately not good news. I had my operation last September and they successfully removed the fistula which has healed. Unfortunately the fissure higher up hasn't. I went and saw someone in January and they gave me Diltiazem to try, which when I went back in March I reported didn't work. The guy I saw said LIS but he spoke to the CRS and he wanted a pressure test. It has come back as my muscle is normal to slightly weak, therefore they will not do LIS. To be honest I am having some leakage after my op in September. Its not exactly soiling myself but still there. Some weeks it is not happening at all and other weeks it sometimes happens. Anyway they want to see me for a clinical appointment to discuss 'managing' this difficult condition. I am not looking forward to it as I think they will say I no longer have any options left so it's live like this. Must admit I've just had a bit of a cry, been strong for so long but guess its just got on top of me. I'm only 30 and the thought of living like this doesn't bear thinking about really. Anyway, enough of that. If I don't get any help on the 19th August, I'm considering going to see Mr W for a second opinion. I guess you'd recommend him! I had hoped not to recognise any names on here returning today and was saddened to see you are still here. All the best for your surgery, I will be following this with interest. Please keep us updated :)
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 02 Jun 2014, 07:51

Oh sue...... I'm really sorry to hear things are still no better for you. 3 1/2 years is just a bit longer than me.... And it's tough going.
I would highly recommend mr w ... Just ask and I'll give you all his details.

Remind me... How did your fissure start??

It is really tough when you get the news that your resting pressure isn't high... It means there is no straight forward treatment... I was really upset when my low pressure was confirmed... I felt sure I was as tight as anything, and I knew LIS wouldn't be an option open to me. I have done a lot of reaserch into the flap surgery, and ALOT of to- ing and fro-ing with mr Windsor, and I am now confident enough that the flap is my best shot. Like you, I refuse to live like this for the rest of my life.... I'm far to busy!!!!

Pm me anytime

OMB xxxx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby sue30uk » 07 Jun 2014, 10:00

Thank you OMB! It is tough going, I'm just gritting my teeth and trying to get on with life until 19th August. My fissure started when I had an abscess in another place close by (!), caused straining for the toilet once and that was it. My original fissure has gone ( it turned into a fistula which they operated on). It's almost 100% better, just a few niggles from that area every now and the but nothing really. I then got another by my coccyx which I've had for almost 2 and a half years, a nasty one which is deep and proving hard to get rid of. I get other small ones but they clear up in a few days and I don't often get bothered by those, it's the deep monster one which hurts!!!! I'm glad you're feeling confident and wish you all the luck in the world for your surgery. I may pm you in the future, will see what they say on 19th August, and if I'm not happy then, then I will try Mr W :) xxx
sue30uk
Salt Bather

Postby asdf123456 » 20 Jun 2014, 18:41

Hi OMB,

Quick question- I may end up getting re-flapped (I REALLY hope not), but if I do, I may request that they keep me in the hospital for a few days this time, as your doctor recommended, to make sure the flap does not move at all. I was wondering, did your CRS mention whether or not you will be kept on a constipating (i.e. liquid, or IV) diet for the first few days, so as to keep you from having a BM until the flap has had a few days to heal? Or did he say you'll just resume your normal diet and poop whenever you have the urge to poop? Thanks.
asdf123456
VIP