my diary

track record of the fissure

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: my diary

Postby Scientist2516 » 31 May 2014, 09:06

I'm so sorry Student. I know how awful that is. Take care of yourself. Unfortunately it does take some trial and error to find what foods will give you soft BMs.
Make a note of what you eat, every day, and note your BM consistency and level of pain. Hopefully you'll see a pattern that will help you to work out what you can eat.
And of course, keep drinking lots and lots of water.

I want you to know that I was in a similar place to you last summer, and now I am fine. You can recover. It seems like it takes forever, but one day you'll emerge from this bad place and feel well again. Most of my pain was from spasms, and I'd lie in bed crying with pain. My walk to work would take twice as long as usual, because walking caused me so much pain. But I did start to heal, and so can you. Good luck and keep posting.

:smilyhug:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby student » 31 May 2014, 09:16

thanks scientist. i am in a very similar place to where you were. glad to hear you are better now. How long did it take you to heal?

now im scared to go to the bathroom and eat
i wish i was more regular, so i could time taking painkillers beforehand
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Scientist2516 » 31 May 2014, 15:01

It's hard to say how long it takes to heal, because where do you count from? All I can say is, my fissure started a year ago, May 16th or so. I was still in lots and lots of pain through July. After that, healing began, with set backs and gradual progress. I counted myself mostly healed in October, and yet can still say I continued to improve through April or May of this year. It was the longest year of my life, but I'm through it now.
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby student » 01 Jun 2014, 03:22

since the retear ive taken a lot of ibuprofen and been extremely scared to have a bm. it had been long enough that i felt constipated and bloated, so i took a teaspoon of mineral oil. within an hour i had a bm and it was only back to the regular amount of pain, not the death of the retear like i thought it would be. Unfortunately i took mineral oil so ill have 2 more bm's in the next 24 hours which is likely to be a bit more painful. mild spasms are back. no more noodles for a year.

im wary of using nitro on the fresh retear, should I? maybe decitin it burns right now??
student
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 01 Jun 2014, 10:19

I would continue your nitro. Have you tried sitting on a heat pad or hot water bottle? (warm, not hot). That helped me enormously with the spasms.

I took Kondremul mineral oil twice a day when I was at my worst. I do think it helped a lot by keeping the stools soft. It caused some urgency, but I was able to live with that.
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby student » 01 Jun 2014, 19:46

there had been about two weeks of healing, then i retore. by the feeling of it, i was set back 5 days or so. Im starting to think im developing hemorrhoids because there is a burning kind of pain now - I have had loose stools for about 3 weeks now, could it be? the burning pain is different from the glass pain, the stick up the butt pain, and the spasm pain. keeping the stools loose got rid of the glass pain.

My spasms are back. baths sometimes do not help. I want to try muscle relaxants, they worked wonders when i had back spasms. i started the nitro again, and ordered dr.wheatgrass. sitting is not possible for long periods of time I will try laying on the small heating pad i have. OMG i turned the pad on and there is almost instant relief as im typing!!!!!!!!

kondremul is mineral oil, for me i might as well take a shot of mercury, that stuff goes right through me and has an after-current effect. I went to the bathroom the 3 times as expected, all very loose. I felt bloated and it had been longer than usual since i had a bm, so i took 1 teaspoon of kondremul. about an hour later i had to go, then six hours after that like it says on the bottle, then again 14 hrs later like "normal" I think i was worried about the pain and by body didnt want to have a bm. colace is all the softening power i need. Ive still been taking a fair amount of ibuprofen. I am considering switching doctors.
student
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 01 Jun 2014, 20:34

I believe the burning pain is due to the fissure. I had both burning pain and spasms. The difference in what I called spasm was pain I felt from my coccyx to my testi. The pain was mostly on the left side. The glass pain was A third pain that I felt while having a BM.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby student » 01 Jun 2014, 20:43

oh ok i just dont want to develop any more rectal isuues. my spasms are like my sphincter contracting (making a fist) sometimes randomly, and sometimes my testes do throb, usually after a bm. the stick pain happens on both sides but one at a time.
student
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 01 Jun 2014, 20:53

What is your doctor suggesting at this point? How long have you had the fissure? Has it gotten any better?
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby student » 01 Jun 2014, 21:04

had the fissure about three months now, its only gotten better the past two weeks, but had 1 retear. The doctor wants to do botox, but i dont want to switch doctors because of the suggestion, i have other reasons.
student
Salt Bather