Fissure / Botox diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure / Botox diary

Postby Apes » 15 Jun 2014, 04:46

PS….. I'm good enough to be able to golf with my son today>>>
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Flaneur » 15 Jun 2014, 07:05

Thanks Rachel. I've had a pretty good day today, actually. I guess that's the way of botox- tiny steps forward and then a few backwards, but hopefully the good days will start outnumbering the bad soon. Only niggling pain/discomfort all day, which i can handle, until tonight when i had some weird shooting bum pains. Have never had them before, but hoping its a sign of healing.
I'm at a loss with food, so have looked up the soluble vs insoluble fibre, thank you. I think it might be the Metamucil doing me in, but am scared to change it in case I get backed up. Is benefiber better, does anyone know?
I've been doing oats for breakfast, usually soaked overnight in water and greek yoghurt and eaten cold with berries, or in a smoothie with coconut oil and green powder. I might switch to flaxseed and see if that's better.
I had my hems treated with the HAL RAR procedure only a few months ago, and the CRS said there was no sign of the, the day he did the fissurectomy/ botox. But the externals have certainly flared up.
Back to work again tomorrow aft a fairly relaxing weekend. I have a five year old and a baby, so have had quite a bit of time off work for the baby and just headed back recently. I think the stress if it all is contributing too, so trying to find a meditation download I can do to relax. Anyone tried one?
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Flaneur » 15 Jun 2014, 07:07

Apes, that's great about the golf! Hopefully a nice easy game to get the blood pumping and sme endorphins flowing. I went for a slow swim on Saturday and felt so much better for it. I think moderate exercise helps mentally and physically.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 15 Jun 2014, 07:29

Flaneur, I had the same issue with Metamucil Nd switched to benefiber. It was one of the. Best things I did
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 17 Jun 2014, 06:17

Have had a couple of ok days. Blood after BM, but just a little. Discomfort all day with minimal pain. Saw my GP tonight who gave me a prescription for anti-depressants. He also lanced/drained a small thrombosed vein (he said it wasn't a hem?) so now I'm in agony. Happens every time. This is the fourth or fifth I've had lanced in under a year. Ive had one codeine 30mg but scared to take more in case it constipated me.
Ugh. Hope the worst of the pain is gone before work tomorrow :(
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 17 Jun 2014, 07:07

:smilyhug:
Great news. Just keep doing what your doing. My BMS seem to be narrower also. Sooooo happy for you.
More better days = healing
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 17 Jun 2014, 09:49

Glad you're feeling good too, apes! Hope you've managed more golf. I've switched to benefiber as you recommended, too.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 01 Jul 2014, 18:19

Flaneur, I'm hoping that the lack of posting means you are doing well?????
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Flaneur » 05 Jul 2014, 06:20

Hi Apes. Thanks for thinking of me! I've been meaning to post, but having been back at work I'm finding life a bit busy! Things have been up and down. I've started an anti depressant. Nt sure if its kicked in yet. I had a thrombosed hem excised by my GP, which then ked to another thrombosis. I decided to let that one heal on its own, which it seems to be doing with reeding pain.
I don't think there is any bleeding anymore from the fissure (4weeks post botox). But I get discomfort and some pain most days. I find I get up, have a glass of water and sometimes get as far as a cup of coffee or meusli then the urge to go hits. I need to get to the toilet right away. Embarrassingly, I had to throw out a pair of underwear the other day. I don't know if this urgency is from the botox or the stool softeners, but just trying to accept this is my routine now. I worry about ever having to be away from home of a morning, but that hasn't happened yet.
The last few days I've had a returned the burning/paper cut feeling on the le, around about 9 o'clock. I'm back to using rectogesic and trying to maintain soft BMs. I just pray this isn't a setback. I can't afford more surgery, so I have to heal naturally.
Good days and bad days. Ask me in a month if I recommend botox and I'll be able to tell you!
Hope you're well apes, and been golfing a little.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Postby Flaneur » 08 Jul 2014, 06:18

Bit of a setback the last few days. I have this odd pain at about 3 oclock I can't quite get on top of. It's a sharp pain, not sure if its the fissure or another thrombosed hem/vein. It follows me all day, whether I'm standing or sitting. No worse on a BM, it grows throughout the day though. Ugh. I can't see a fissure, but can see sme dark patches like a clot. Who knows.
I've had to postpone my follow up with the CRS-not keen on taking the children to such an appointment so I need a time when my husband can be home. Plus, the CRS office is a few hours drive, so I'm hoping for some more healing before having to sit in the car for hours on end.
Flaneur
Salt Bather