Unexpected LIS, here we go!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Unexpected LIS, here we go!

Postby Jbl22424 » 11 Aug 2014, 00:06

Hi sb2, I'm glad you posted as I was interested in your progress. Do you think the second LIS was more successful? Any incontinence issues at all? I guess I'm worried about the increased risk from a second surgery but again, would gladly trade that for fissure life. How crazy is it that such a small thing can affect your life in such a profound way? The last three months were bliss because I knew how lucky I was to be pain free.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby sb2 » 11 Aug 2014, 19:57

JBL, I do think the second LIS was more successful, as I no longer have the spasms and pain. No incontinence issues. I do think I can heal this thing. I just need to stay focused on the things that work. I'm actually with you too on the diet. My outlook was so much worse when I was so limited with my diet.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Jbl22424 » 11 Aug 2014, 23:18

Yep, sounds like you are doing much better. Honestly, as long as I don't have those god awful spasms, the fissure itself isn't that much of a bother. Today was a great day for me because no spasms, but I know the fissure is there from stinging and a little burning after Bm. Keep hoping this tear heals up quickly... Hope you have good luck with yours as well.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jbl22424 » 20 Aug 2014, 01:29

Hi all, been feeling great since my last post so I guess it was a small re-tear. Feeling optimistic again. Plan to stay on a full dose of miralax for 6 months this time since 3 was not enough. This damn fissure is pesky but he will be conquered!!!
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jbl22424 » 30 Aug 2014, 12:50

Having issues yet again. Re-tore a few days back and have been battling it again. Was trying to ignore it to see if it would go away- haven't I learned? :) Started nitro again today. I should probably stay on nitro for 4-6 weeks this time even if I'm not in pain. I will try to do that. Thinking about making that appointment with the CRS... would like to get botox shots this year if I need to before my deductible resets. *sigh

Seems like me, Roids, and STOT are all having issues 3-4 months after LIS... interesting. Perhaps the muscle tone returns around this time and it's easy to re-tear?
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sb2 » 30 Aug 2014, 13:10

Me too. 11 weeks out and keep having problems. I seem to have developed a sensitive stomach or maybe IBS, which has really gotten in the way of healing. I feel the fissure healing, then have a few good days before irritating or re-tearing. I am still trying to figure out what affects my stomach, and am confident I can heal this thing if I can get the diarrhea under control. Good luck to all.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby sotiredofthis » 30 Aug 2014, 13:11

I'm so sorry! I'm wondering about the muscle tone, too, since I've had 2 small re-tears. I have an issue with what my CRS thinks is scar tissue on the other side of where my fissure was so I wonder if that's causing a problem with not enough room still. I'm having surgery on that Nov. 3rd. I never thought I'd have surgery on this part of my body let alone twice in 6 months!!! I'm a little more irritated this time with the Nitro as well. Wondering if I'm developing a reaction to it from using it so much off and on for over 1 1/2 years.

I hope and pray you heal quickly!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Jbl22424 » 30 Aug 2014, 16:59

Thanks, SB2 and STOT. I just wish we could all put this behind us (no pun intended).
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sotiredofthis » 15 Sep 2014, 09:41

How are you doing JBL?
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby Jbl22424 » 15 Sep 2014, 23:25

Today was my first day pain free since the last tear. The pain hasn't been too terrible though. It's nothing like the first time around. Saw my CRS last week and she wants me on diltiazem for a month before I see her again. Taking miralax, colace and magnesium. Eating mostly what I want but making sure I get enough fruits and veggies. Will see how things go and maybe do Botox if it doesn't get better. Still don't regret surgery because I do feel like I have my life back and this time the pain isn't keeping me from doing anything like last time. How about you?
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist