Chronicles of my AF and LIS

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Chronicles of my AF

Postby mmklinemm » 17 Aug 2014, 21:55

So far, so good. My stool had started to get a little too firm, so I added 150mg magnesium citrate in the morning a few days ago. I've had a few days of only 1 BM and they've been bristol 4s. I really hope I can maintain this because I've been nearly pain free. Pain level during BM has been about 1-2, and slight burning afterwards. Two ibuprofen takes care of that quickly, thankfully!! It took 3 weeks to get completely pain free after I started nifedipine. I'm praying this round will follow suit. Now I know better than to test myself with ice cream, too. I'm sure I'll be too afraid of another retear to ever try dairy ice cream, again.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby mmklinemm » 18 Aug 2014, 09:23

Current supplement regimen -

Morning:
Wheatgrass powder mixed with 2 oz juice and 6 oz water
Probiotic
500mg vitamin C
150mg magnesium citrate

Lunch:
Fish oil
Multivitamin

Before bed:
150mg magnesium citrate

I added another 500mg vitamin C before bed last night. Had 2 BMs today. The first was larger than usual, bristol 4, little pain. The second was bristol 5/6 and pretty irritating afterwards. I'd had a cup of coffee, so I don't know if it was the extra vitamin C or the coffee. Frustrating...
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby Log » 21 Aug 2014, 09:39

Contact the Oregon hemorrhoid clinic. They are naturopath doctors that specialize in non surgical treatments for hems and fissures. I read about them on this site. They saved my life! Wish I had just spent the money in a plane ticket to Portland to go there a long time ago, instead of spending money on other doctors and prescriptions that didn't come close to helping my fissure. A week after going there I was mostly pain free. It's been two months ago that I was there and I am still pain free! It's worth a call, you can even speak directly to the doctors!
Log
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby mmklinemm » 21 Aug 2014, 19:08

Thank you for the recommendation, Log.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 24 Aug 2014, 20:53

Yesterday marked 3 weeks since my retear. I'm not completely without pain, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My BMs feel irritating, and I'm a little uncomfortable afterwards. I can live like this as long as it gets no worse. I'm still using nifedipine, taking 1-2 hot baths/day, following the above supplement regimen, drinking 100+ oz water/day, and eating 30g fiber/day.

I have an appointment with a new CRS for a second opinion on Sept. 30th. She's highly rated/recommended and that was her first available time. I mainly want to make sure I'm healing sufficiently without scar tissue and find out how quick I can get in for LIS should I have another retear. The fact I'm so prone to scar tissue scares me.

I had pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. Kinda nervous about that. It was very soft - could cut it with a fork - and I chewed well, but still. I took a TBLS of Kondremul, just in case. I hate being afraid to eat unknown foods. That fear has had the biggest impact on me. For the first time in my life I understand those depression medication commercials.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby owmybum » 25 Aug 2014, 02:50

I'm glad to see a bit of an improvement mmk.... 3 weeks to get back to liveable discomfort is good going.
I hope the pork is kind to your butt!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby mmklinemm » 25 Aug 2014, 19:33

Thanks, OMB! So far, no problems from the pork, thankfully! I'm taking another shot of kondremul tonight to be safe.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 05 Sep 2014, 21:45

Making progress - I haven't needed ibuprofen for 2 days now. A few days ago, I started taking 2 metamucil pills with lunch and dinner. My breakfast is realy high in insoluble fiber, so I didn't add any to that meal. I don't know how such a small amount of fiber can help, but it seems to be making a difference. My stool has a little more bulk. Not enough to cause discomfort, but enough so cleanup is easier, which, I think, is most helpful. I was able to walk 4 miles yesterday - yay!
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 10 Sep 2014, 12:05

Today was my first completely pain-free BM since my retear!! There was a little discomfort after, but lasted less than an hour. I don't know if things have been better due to the metamucil pills or the suppositories I've used the last 2 nights. Or maybe I'm just at that stage of healing. Don't know, don't care as long as this keeps up. I've been using Vaseline before BMs the last month or so. I don't like the mess or the idea of putting it on my bum or down my septic system. I read about Carlson Key-e Suppositories somewhere here on the forum. I love them. So much better than petroleum jelly! The only ingredients are coconut oil, palm oil, and vitamin E. I don't know anything about palm oils, but coconut and vit E oils are great for skin and healing.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby Log » 10 Sep 2014, 12:49

mmklinemm, so, you are using the Carlson Key-e instead of the vaseline before BMs now? how long do you need to insert them and wait before you can go? I too, don't like to put the vaseline in my septic system and it is so messy. Do you feel the Key-e gives you as good luberication as the vaseline? Thanks!
Log
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1