Chronicles of my AF and LIS

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Chronicles of my AF

Postby mmklinemm » 10 Sep 2014, 14:51

Yes, I think the suppositories ar just as good as vaseline, maybe better. It could depend on application, though. I've never been comfortable using my finger or a q-tip to insert the jelly inside; I would apply it just at the entrance and hope enough got inside to help. The Key-e is comfortable and painless. I insert one at night just before bed. I always go soon after I wake up, and the last 2 mornings have been the best since all this crap started. If you try them, I hope they work as well for you!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby mmklinemm » 16 Sep 2014, 20:44

Today was weird. The 10th was my only completely pain free day. I've had some discomfort each day since, but nothing too bad. My first BM today was pain free, again, though. Yay! Afterwards, I was feeling odd prickling sensations. That was a first and very noticeable. My second BM was a little uncomfortable, but not really painful. Then I saw the blood, quite a bit of it. I don't know what to make of that. I don't know why I bled out of the blue like that. Yesterday's diet was perfect without any experiments. The rest of today was fine...so weird.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 21 Sep 2014, 21:04

I had another episode of substantial bleeding yesterday. My pain yesterday and today was about average. I can only hope it was due to our busy day at the amusement park. I really hope it isnt an internal hem as suggested on the other topic.

The worst part is that I have to back out of working the 3-Day walk this year. I don't feel like I'm healed enough to risk a retear, and I'm heartbroken about it. Those 3 days are so special to me every year. It's my one time to spend completely with memories of my mom. I'll miss that time more than I can say. :(
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby mmklinemm » 29 Sep 2014, 21:38

Wish me luck for tomorrow. I'm going for a 2nd opinion. I hope to hear I'm healing without scar tissue and the promise of a quick pain med prescription and surgery should I tear, again.

Fingers crossed!!
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby msimon » 29 Sep 2014, 23:19

mmklinemm, I wish you the very best of luck with your appointment. Let's indeed hope things are healing up nicely.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby mmklinemm » 02 Oct 2014, 10:08

Thank you! It wasn't good news. I'm not healing well and my fissure has hit the chronic stage. The first CRS I saw in June was able to see the entire fissure just by looking, no touching needed. This time, she had to poke and prod a bit to find it. This tells me it's healed some since it's not so obvious and gaping. Unfortunately, it goes a lot deeper than before because she couldn't see the entire length of it. So, I'm scheduled for LIS on the 20th. I feel very comfortable with the new CRS. She spent about an hour talking with me in her office, showing pictures, and examples of what's going on with me, discussing surgery and options. I'm trying to find the positive in this whole ordeal. I'm just ready to be healed, but I'm so bummed to have to have yet another surgery.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby Scientist2516 » 02 Oct 2014, 10:35

So sorry, mmklinemm. What a blow. I'm glad you found a CRS you can trust. Good luck with the LIS!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby msimon » 02 Oct 2014, 18:29

mmklinemm, I too am sorry to hear that! The good news is though that you have a surgery date that is not too far away and it sounds like you trust this Doctor :) Hopefully you'll be back to normal life again very soon!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby mmklinemm » 02 Oct 2014, 21:06

Thanks, y'all. In my head, I know I've made the right decision. My bum is terrified, though! I'm hopeful that since I'm not in agonizing pain right now my recovery won't be as painful as some have experienced. The timing of the surgery worked out perfect - maybe that's a sign this is meant to be and everything will work out. I am not superstitious in any way, but right now I'll grasp at anything to make me feel better about it. :)

Another bit of good news I forgot to post - I have no new scar tissue or sentinal piles. Yay!

I also learned that fish oil and vitamin E are blood thinners. The fish oil may be why I nearly bled out after a biopsy a few years ago. I never knew it thinned the blood and I didn't stop taking it before the surgery. My OBGYN could never figure out why I wasn't clotting properly, and I'm not sure I told her I was taking fish oil. Major lesson learned.
mmklinemm
VIP

Postby student » 09 Oct 2014, 01:06

what is the average amount of time it takes for a fissure to heal?
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2