Let there be an end

Lis, lis again, abscess, and fistula?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Let there be an end

Postby hopefulbutt » 16 Oct 2014, 18:21

I've nothing else to do as I'm stuck at home in pain and misery. Had follow up today 10 days after second lis, and 3 days after abcsess draining. Crs' s pa says my fissure looks worse than ever (g thanks) have a new thrombosed h&m form all the surgery and a huge gaping wound from my abcsess. Also I stayed up last night sweating and crying as I had a huge build up of pressure from poo around my abscess and when I pushed poo came out the wrong hole. Told assistant this and she says- oh it gets in therefrom the outside, um no. I had a lot of poo (ew gross) come out. Meet again Monday and I must convince her somehow that I do probably now have a fistula(she checked during the surgery and said no). Should I be getting a second opinion? But honestly who's gonna touch my butt now? Looks like a war zone. O dear father God, please let her see and listen to me. My prayer is to be doing better by Christmas. I asked my dear hubby to look at my bum after I poo next time. Poor guy will probably never want sex w me again. He's been a real trooper
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Let there be an end

Postby Scientist2516 » 17 Oct 2014, 08:30

So so sorry, hopefulbutt. I wish there was something we could do to help. Maybe a second opinion would help. It sounds as though the CRS is giving you the brush off - Why isn't s/he talking to you? Why do you have to talk to the assistant? It does sound as though you need a new doctor, or else insist on talking to the fully qualified person, the one who actually did the surgery.

Your husband sounds wonderful. Hang in there; try to keep your spirits up (I know how hard it is!). Baby yourself today. Find a silly movie to watch to take your mind off things. My thoughts are with you.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Alyssa » 17 Oct 2014, 14:16

Hopefulbutt,

I'm sorry that you have been suffering so long and I know its very hard to have one let down after another.. I'm saying a little prayer for you.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby hopefulbutt » 17 Oct 2014, 17:18

Thanks scientist and Alyssa. I see my crs's pa again in Monday and if she doesn't belove me about fistula then I will get a second opinion. I like my crs a lot and she is smart and kind but she is also very busy. This journey seems to never end and sometimes I wonder if I have some other issues going on- or maybe it's the anxiety that makes it worse. Day 3 after my 2 bs surgery in two weeks and I am plagued with diarrhea. I cannot seem to get it to stop and each time I go is pain and burning and clean up and pushing on my abscess/fistula to get poo out and relive the pressure. Maybe this needs to be cut open too? If only I could get rid of this awful diarrhea. Fissure looks deeper and I get stabbing pains from it and lots of soreness from abscess area. Two more sleeps and I can see crs. I will beg on my knees if I have to to get her to take me serious about the abcess pocket and fistula leaking poo. Even dear hubby has seen it.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mmklinemm » 17 Oct 2014, 21:26

I feel for you! What a terrible ordeal you're going through. Do you take a probiotic like Culterelle? It mght help get the diarrhea under control.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Alyssa » 17 Oct 2014, 21:59

Perhaps you need to change your diet to bulk up your stool? Brat diet (bananas, rice, apples, toast)?
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby owmybum » 18 Oct 2014, 02:50

Have you got your CRSs email address?? If so, get hubby to take a picture for you and send it so he has to look and see what a mess you're in. That's what I ended up having to do.

You must feel so hopeless, and I really feel for you. I hope things start to calm down for you soon.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby hopefulbutt » 18 Oct 2014, 11:10

I have so much anxiety over this- maybe I should ask for antidepressants? I don't have her email. Maybe I should ask on Monday. I am taking probiotics and eating constipating foods. Grrr. Abcsess/fistula whole is a tiny bit smaller today but still leakin poo after every bm and then for several hours. Fissure is so much deeper- it's healing some but looks like a trench- I'm afraid it will heal over and create a pocket. I wonder if it needs to be reopened. I've never in my life had such bad diarrhea. I'm so dehydrated from going so much. I woke up in a panic about never healing but my husband calmed me down and said I need to say positive things- I will heal and even if I need more surgery I will heal from that too. I just hope to get some answers Monday and closer to healing.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 19 Oct 2014, 18:43

So sorry you are going through this, hopefulbutt. Do hope the CRS will sort it tomorrow for you, do an MRI or something. Thinking of you :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby woundedspirit » 19 Oct 2014, 23:00

Praying for you about tomorrow's appt. I'm in rough shape today. Just feel like crying for both of us. For all of us. My heart feels for you.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12