Asdf Bi Lateral Flap Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Asdf Bi Lateral Flap Diary

Postby owmybum » 05 Nov 2014, 09:08

Oh asdf....... I am so so sorry. I really thought this was going to be the surgery to fix you.
I wish there were words of comfort I could say.... Or give you a hug and tell you it's going to be alright... And for this just to be a bad bad dream that you will wake up from.
I know exactly how you are feeling, and please pm me any time you need some support.

OMB xxxxxxxxxxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Rachael 1984 » 05 Nov 2014, 09:34

ASDf I'm so sorry... I wish I could give you a big hug... I will pray for you.xxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby suzyljank » 05 Nov 2014, 10:42

Did your CRS have any idea why it didn't heal? Gosh I feel so bad for you. I remember when I had my surgery, I asked for the house flap but my CRS said it wasn't a good option for me. He explained that it would put too much tension on the anal area while and after it healed. Maybe your CRS could do an open flap on the fissure area. It might be worth a try. You just have to keep the open area covered with this fatty gauze stuff. Recovery is slow but it might help you. You're in my prayers. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby suzyljank » 05 Nov 2014, 10:43

Did your CRS have any idea why it didn't heal? Gosh I feel so bad for you. I remember when I had my surgery, I asked for the house flap but my CRS said it wasn't a good option for me. He explained that it would put too much tension on the anal area while and after it healed. Maybe your CRS could do an open flap on the fissure area. It might be worth a try. You just have to keep the open area covered with this fatty gauze stuff. Recovery is slow but it might help you. You're in my prayers. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby asdf123456 » 05 Nov 2014, 11:04

CRS has no clue, just like last time, and the time before, and before, and before, and before. The flap arrangement was just like yours...two flaps brought in from either side, and meeting in the middle right where the fissure was. Everything else healed. The outside edges, the lateral edges, everything except for the suture line between the two flaps, i.e. the one where the fissure was, posterior midline. I don't think I can have any more flaps from the outside anymore. I used up all my donor skin. It is early, but if that is the last thing to heal, it's just a plain old chronic fissure like it used to be, and even my CRS who has been upbeat in the past was at a loss yesterday. I feel bad for him honestly.

Yesterday he mentioned the possibility of just sewing it up. No flap, just a few stitches...but he was certainly skeptical. The other things I can think of are an internal flap, from the rectal mucosa pulled outwards, like OMB, another LIS on the other side (even though none of the 9 CRS surgeons I have seen have thought that I have a hypertonic sphincter spasm), or a colostomy. I feel like I am the only one in the world to have every tried so many ways to heal and failed. I am so sad. I am lost.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby asdf123456 » 05 Nov 2014, 11:07

I understand what you mean about the tension, but he said it doesn't appear that my flaps retracted at all, it just looks like the one line in the middle didn't heal, and the two flaps look like they healed perfectly to the left and to the right of the "new" wound. It's like it's in my DNA for there to be a wound there. But it wasn't there till I had my fucking hemmie surgery.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby owmybum » 05 Nov 2014, 12:19

Asdf... Is the fissure internal or external? Can you see it? Is it causing you alot of pain? Worse than before?

Would you consider applying some medical grade manuka honey? I made the most progress whilst I was using this.... But I've had to stop using it as it's now irritating me.

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 05 Nov 2014, 12:39

It's internal. I can barely see it in the mirror. The pain is still worse than before, but I'm sure it will eventually settle to it's usual self. Just annoying me and driving me mad.

I'm gonna pass on the honey. I have to jam a q-tip up there to reach it and I'd probably do more damage than good.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Nov 2014, 15:01

Hi asdf, sorry if I sound ignorant. I was wondering why the flaps don't cover the fissure - why they just go up to the fissure? Don't explain unless you want to - if it's too much to think about right now. I don't really need to know, I just would like to understand better what happened to you.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 05 Nov 2014, 15:39

Yes... I'm wondering why the fissures weren't covered by the flaps?

No... I don't blame you. My wound is external, so it was no hassle putting a blob of honey on... But internal is a different matter.

Ps. Don't feel sorry for the CRS.... It's his job to fix you... He may just have to work harder at doing that. Lets hope he can rise to the challenge and pull something out of the bag.
Xxxx
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum