People who have had NHS Botox UK

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

People who have had NHS Botox UK

Postby Tejas123 » 01 Nov 2014, 11:30

Just had a couple of questions for people who have had botox on the NHS. I am having the procedure under general anaesthetic, was just wondering if the CRS will inform you of what's going on before and after? They said they were going to have a look around while I was under, do you think they will inform me of what they find?

I can just imagine being dumped on the ward after and not told anything so I hope this isn't the case. I also had a few questions I wanted to bring up with the CRS.

What was the recovery like? Is it very painful, swollen?

Thanks for reading
Tejas123
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: People who have had NHS Botox UK

Postby cracked82 » 07 Nov 2014, 16:25

I would also be interested to know as I've been offered botox on the NHS as the next step to my treatment.
cracked82
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby jay2502 » 07 Nov 2014, 17:46

i just wish i could find an NHS hospital which did the botox procedure :(
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby owmybum » 07 Nov 2014, 18:23

The actual procedure is a quick and simple one. Some one will come and see you after and explain what happened and after care etc. it is not very painful normally... But you will need a week or so until it fully kicks in.

Jay, my area doesn't fund Botox, so I asked to be referred to Londons university college hospital, and they are funded for Botox. If you do a search I'm sure you will find a district that is funded and if you request to be treated there, you usually can no problems.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jay2502 » 08 Nov 2014, 05:40

owmybum wrote:The actual procedure is a quick and simple one. Some one will come and see you after and explain what happened and after care etc. it is not very painful normally... But you will need a week or so until it fully kicks in.

Jay, my area doesn't fund Botox, so I asked to be referred to Londons university college hospital, and they are funded for Botox. If you do a search I'm sure you will find a district that is funded and if you request to be treated there, you usually can no problems.
OMB x

thanks.
yeah i may have to go down that route, but how does one 'do a search' to find out~?
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby owmybum » 09 Nov 2014, 17:18

I'm sure you could ring around a handful of hospitals and ask, or go on their web sites and email one of the CRSs that way?
I saw my crs privately for a consultation first. He then offered to treat me on the NHS at his local hospital he worked in. That hospital is University College Hospital London.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Molli1989 » 16 Nov 2014, 04:38

I had botox done yesterday I was referred by my nhs gp but attended a private hospital as the nhs in my area does not do this treatment. The whole experience wasn't too bad and the consultant also had a look around and removed a polyp. He said he would remove anything whilst I was under rather than me having to come back.
The aftercare was not too bad at the hospital but the removal of the polyp was not discussed apart from on the discharge note which meant that I had to call them once I was home about this.
Hope all goes well
Molli1989
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Sakura1 » 17 Nov 2014, 17:32

Hi Tejas

I had Botox in NHS at the end of September.

I am unimpressed so far to be frank. The CRS didn't come to see me afterwards and also didn't book a follow up appointment. Was left up to nurse on day surgery ward to tell me to just call if I didn't get better. I didn't even have a number to call.

I wasn't in much pain after the Botox but was very sore to sit down or drive for a week after. Botox hasn't worked for me unfortunately and after tracking the CRS down, I have managed to get a follow up appointment Thursday this week.

Your CRS will come to see you before the op to consent you. My advice would be to ask all your questions then just in case you don't see them afterwards.
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3