New member LIS surgery and fissurectomy yesterday

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: New member LIS surgery and fissurectomy yesterday

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 03:31

Cant really add anything to the above posts, but to wish you the very best of luck with your healing. The doctors do seem to have a "one size fits all" approach, which of course is not the case in the real world. So you just have to take things at your own pace. But from everything Ive read re fissures etc..it does take time, so I would definitely take it easy. And as someone else said in another thread, it can take a year fro the mucous membranes in the anal area to get back to their former stregnth. So the regime of healthy eating has to be kept up.

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 07:21

So, you all think that the stinging is normal? It hurts so bad. Even though you say the stinging lasted 2-3 weeks. Did the amount of stinging lessen at all? Mine stings 24-7. It hurts worse when I feel pressure from what feels like a BM and sometimes after the BM the stinging stops. It did seem to lessen some yesterday, but not today. My papa came and prayed for me and his church prayed for me and I seemed to have a better day yesterday. I guess it is all about a positive attitude. Yeh, the doctors, or should I say nurses, are getting on my last nerve. They really act like I'm being a big baby and refuse to be of any real help. I'm going to try my best and talk to my real doctor today. Thankyou for all of your replies. You really have been a big help!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Feb 2008, 09:53

No, my stinging only lasted 1-15 minutes after a BM...
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 11 Feb 2008, 10:44

I could have something to do with what you are eating. recently, I found that my old stadby--citrus--was stinging on the way out so I stopped eating it and much of the stinging went away. I'm sure there are other culprits though.
I would also be wary of infections. My super stingy time was after an abscess drainage when the area was still infected.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 10:51

I finally talked to my doctor. He said he also performed a hemmerhoidectomy. I can't stop crying. They were giving mee no trouble at all. He was so mean because I couldn't stop crying. I told him I didn't ask him to do that and they weren't giving me any problems. He said that he was the surgeon and did what he had to do. I am so upset. I trusted and respected him. Now I've lost all respect for someone who could be so mean to someone in so much pain.

Postby buttgirl » 11 Feb 2008, 11:01

What a jerk. I mean really! hemmiectomies are supposed to be super painful and take longer tho heal than LIS. That is something he definitely needs to tell you about and he most definitely needs to treat you for the extra pain without making you feel worse.
My last drs were sorta like that and I was thrilled to be rid of them. If I were you I would request a copy of your medical records and see if there is some way to file malpractice. At the very least I would complain to the state health board.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Feb 2008, 11:26

It appears that being in pain does nothing to the hearts of some doctors. I have a very good friend right now who's in a lot of pain and it seems that no one is really trying to help this person deal with or manage their pain.
It sucks.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 11:38

oh well my doctor said the pain would probably be the same anyways. But the nurse was going to bring me in right away b.c she said i shouldnt still be in this much pain. When she finally looked at my chart and saw that I had had the hemmerhoidectomy she said, "oh, well you are still going to be in pain." Thats when I asked to talk to the doctor and he says i might would be in this much pain anyways. They make me sick, literally.

Postby buttgirl » 11 Feb 2008, 11:52

Sorry, but that Dr sounds like a quack. EVERYTHING says that hemorrhoidectomies are more painful than LIS and that they take longer to heal, LIS averages 3-4weeks and hemmiectomy 6-8 weeks, so basically double the time, which means that there is more damage to recover from. Did he stitch up the area? If not, it will probably be more painful than even a regular hemmiectomy.
I'm really angry for you. you don't go to Kaiser by any chance do you. That's where I had my horrible experience and found far too many insensitive drs. The one that performed my drainage absolutely refused to do LIS or botox or anything that would help mitigate the pain.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 12:09

No, I go to Dr. Cheape. Every time I've mentioned his name, everybody talks about how great he is. He performed my grandfathers hemmerhodectomy(sp?) and he didn't have hardly any pain. He said I have stitches. I don't know if it was from the LIS or the hemmerhoidectomy. My mom called back and he told her he told her he shaved the edges of the hemmerhoid to get to the muscle? He didn't remove the whole hemmerhoid, but he made it sound like he took out the whole thing when he talked to me. I don't know what is going on. I think he thinks I am dumb and can not understand technical terms. I just don't know.