New member LIS surgery and fissurectomy yesterday

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: New member LIS surgery and fissurectomy yesterday

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2008, 15:17

Also, I did not have spasms before the surgery now I am having them a lot. I am sure that I should not have had this surgery and am so depressed.

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2008, 15:30

Yes, that sounds normal. I was doing better and then after my MIL left I had to do a lot more and it set me back from all activity.

I doubt you have an infection. Things will start to get better soon but don't be alarmed if you have bumps in the road here and there. And if you can, don't try to compare this surgery with the last one. Each will have its own timecourse for healing.

I think doctors way underestimate how long it takes to heal. When I went in for a check up from my surgery 10 days ago, my husband asked how long it would take to heal and she at first didn't answer and then said she didn't know! But I bet this time next week you will be doing a lot better.

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2008, 17:20

Wow so sorry to hear everyone is in so much pain. I also found that baths and little to no activity were the best things I could do to alleviate any pain. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
As for an infection amber. Do you see any discharge, does it smell down there, and not like a feces smell? Have you taken your temp. If you're running a fever, even a slight one, I'd get to the doctor asap.
PS, I'm gunna sound like Juney but I've been almost pain free for 5 days now and the only thing that has helped is drinking Milk of Magnesia at night so that my BMs aren't at all hard. It stings and burns for a few mins but the pain seems to subside in less than 45 mins. This is the longest I've been w/o pain in over 2 mos and I can only guess that it's from the MOM. Give it a try! Good luck and stay strong, you will get thur this.

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2008, 17:32

Thank ya'll so much. I've been drinking two tbsp of MOM at night. How much do you drink? I'm feeling a little more comfortable now. I havent moved much. I'm still in pain, but trying to think more positively.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Feb 2008, 17:36

Amber, what pain medications do you take?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 11:56

I am taking perkocets. I am actually feeling a little better toda (knock wood) For the past couple of days I've noticed immediately when it was time to take my pain meds. I'm trying to go a little longer without taking them. I'm still hurting with BMs, but baths have started to take care of that. The constant pain has decreased as long as I lay keep my activities to a minumum. My boyfriend wants me to try to go to his house for a little while today, but my front porch steps are steep. I don't want to set myself back as I believe the steps were what started my pain yesterday. So, I'm still deciding on that. I'm hoping that today I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm scared to be too hopeful though....from experience:)

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 12:06

I just take a swig of the MOM bottle everynight. I'm not one to measure things out, I never cook with measuing cups either hehe. Sometimes one swig ain't enough depening on what I ate. For instance, I ate 1 1/2 chicken cutlets last night and even though everything else in my diet was the same, esp the swig of MOM, I had a painful BM and am now in more pain than I have been in days. I actually took a percocet 10 mins ago :( I hate takin the darn things but sometimes it's all I can do. Hang in there darling. You will pull thru. It just takes a hell of a lot of time. Feel free to message me any questions. I'm 23, have been dealing with this for 8 mos and would love to spread any wisdom/knowledge I have regarding this dreadful issue.

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 12:17

In between percocets you can try advil to help you space out the narcotics. But I don't think it is a good idea to cover the pain so much that you do things that could impede your healing. Have your boyfriend come see you! You're the one that just had surgery.

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 12:47

Thankyou luxdunst....What is your story? Have you had surgery also? It is an awful condition to have and I was really suprised at how young everyone on here are. My dad has always had problems, but the only other people I've heard talk about dealing with it have been people who are quite older. It is so wonderful to know that I am not alone in dealing with this. I think your right Lecia. The pain was just so bad that perkocet barely touched it and when it wore of, the pain was unbearable. Now, I think I can back off a little and see where I actually am in my healing process. He has been coming to see me. I was only going to get out of the house for a while, but I'm pretty sure I'm notready. Oh well, once again...thank you all for your support!!

Postby juney » 13 Feb 2008, 13:39

amber - i'm always too afraid to be hopeful too. i've had wayyyy too many bad experiences after i get my hopes up, so i know how you're feeling. but hang in there! it still really hasn't been that long since your surgery.
it takes time, A LOT of time, to get through something like this. it's a very delicate area to heal and it will take awhile to feel "normal" after you've been thru so much trauma. i'm 5 months out from my second surgery and still trying to convince myself that i'll heal one day. you're definitely not alone in this!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36