New and worried

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New and worried

Postby vanessa100 » 15 Feb 2015, 11:38

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum but not new to anal fissures.
Mine started when I was about 21 (I am now 34). I had bad constipation and it caused a terrible pain when I went to the toilet with bright red blood. I bought some suppositories from the chemist and it cleared up in about a week.
Well on and off ever since it has returned. Every year at least 6 times I would get it. I have never been to the doctors about it as it always did go away and to be honest I am a bit scared about what they will do.
For the last 3 or 4 weeks it came back but this time there was no blood just pain when going to the toilet. I tried the suppositories again but they haven't worked this time and this time my bum is hurting all day afterwards. I dont remember it feeling painful all day before.
I am just worried that it might be an abscess this time instead? What is the difference? From what I have seen on the Internet the symptoms sound the same as a fissure.
It feels bruised, sore and like I've got something stuck up my bum when I sit down. Not too bad when I get up or sit on toilet to urinate.
It such a horrible place to get something wrong with you as there aren't many people I can talk to about it.
I have started drinking more water as I nevr used to drink water just diet coke and tea. Going to the toilet has started to be slightly less painful but I still have the pain in my bum all day.
I am probably going to go to the doctors tomorrow because I feel really anxious about it now. If I know it is an anal fissure for sure I will feel a bit better.
Any help or opinions please?
vanessa100
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: New and worried

Postby PainedSA » 05 Mar 2015, 06:30

Hi Vanessa!

Sorry I haven't replied sooner! I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story - don't feel shy - we all have the same problems here!

How did you go at the doctor? are you still in pain? Do you think its an abcess still?

- Pained SA
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4