Hello...help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello...help

Postby Jmelorio » 26 Mar 2015, 12:47

Hello all!! I am a 31 yr old woman who has been in pain since Saturday. I just went to gastrologist yest was diagnosed with a small fissure. She prescribed me proctofoam and told me to take two colace a day and do sitz baths. Anyone have success with proctofoam? This pain is awful to me it's worse than my two c-sections. I have missed two days of work. It hurts even when I sit to pee it's like it opens the tear all over again. Any otc creams I can put to numb? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Jmelorio

Topics: 1

Re: Hello...help

Postby Fissurefrustration » 26 Mar 2015, 13:03

Hello Jmelorio! Welcome to the forum.

proctofoam contains hydrocortisone I believe.... just beware with using this frequently as it thins the skin and cause more fissures! So sorry to hear about your pain, you have an acute fissure as it's only a few days old so fingers crossed you will be healed in no time. I find Manuka Honey helpful to sooth the skin :)

J
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby jlm1 » 26 Mar 2015, 13:25

Hi, sorry you are suffering with this! I know, the pain is terrible. And I agree, it is far worse than my c section recovery. I'd take that over this hell any day. As was said above, yours is new and should heal quickly. Search this forum for other tips. There is a ton of great info here. Keep your bm's soft, do not push and take hot baths. Water bottles help too. Keep us posted and hang in there!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby tigerbutt2 » 27 Mar 2015, 20:22

Hi Jmelorio. Before I went to a CRS my GP had me on hydrocortisone. I didn't find it worked for me as it made me feel tight and dry down there; but, I don't mean to dissuade you--I think some have had some success using this short-term. I would echo fissurefrustration's caution about using it long-term though. If you end up trying a different ointment, you could ask your Dr. about something with lidocaine in it to help numb after a BM; I haven't used it but I've read great things. Another thing that helped me was a heating pad. I really liked the rice kind that you put in the microwave, because it shaped itself nicely to my bum (sounds weird but felt good, ha).
tigerbutt2
Salt Bather

Topics: 2