Thrombosed haemerrhoid or absess

Thrombsed haemerrhoid or absess

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Thrombosed haemerrhoid or absess

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 11 May 2015, 14:47

I have been diagnosed with a thrombosed haemorrhoid. Its about the size of a pea and is blue/purple, more so when examined standing. Is there any way it could be an absess and would misdiagnosis be possible with something like this?
Deleted User 4175

Re: Thrombosed haemerrhoid or absess

Postby pinpin » 12 May 2015, 07:42

Hi,

No, don't panic. It is very difficult to missdiagnose thrombosed hemorrhoid. There are two option now, wait until it goes away - may be up to 2 weeks.

If you have strong pain and cannot afford sick leave, you may request small surgical involvement cutting blood clot out. This will bring you immediate relief.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Thrombosed haemerrhoid or absess

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 12 May 2015, 08:21

Hello pinpin Bless you for taking the time to reply. I can see from your history that you know a bit about hemorroids so I feel reassured. Thank you
Deleted User 4175