Anal Fissure Causing Urinary Issues

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Fissure Causing Urinary Issues

Postby Jimmy7223 » 15 Jun 2015, 16:35

I was wondering if anyone else is having urinary issues that are caused from their Fissure?

My issues are as follow:

About 2 months ago I believe is when the symptoms of my fissure really started showing themselves. I was noticing some blood on the toilet paper and definitely felt like I had a cut of some kind in my anus that stung terrible if any water hit it in the shower. However, I feel like I have always had these in some form as I have always had issues with hard large bowel movements and just kind of got used to them.

On this occasion, I was on a business trip which had me sitting on a plane for 3 hours, then a bus, followed by sitting in a sales meeting for several hours on an uncomfortable chair. I left the meeting after a few hours and had a bowel movement and must have knocked something loose because once I returned to the meeting I felt like a needed to urinate constantly for the rest of the day and felt as though urine was dripping out of my penis. No matter how many times I went to the bathroom, nothing would stop the feeling. It was an absolute nightmare.

During this time I was feeling a lot of pressure in the the rectum and pain in the anus but I did not think that this had anything to do with the urinary symptoms I was experiencing.

This continued for the next several days and I didn't even connect this at all to the fissure because I was so concerned that it was a bladder infection or a UTI. I got tested and there was no bacteria present.

I visited a urologist who diagnosed me with Prostatitis (without even performing an exam)...Which was very startling as the stories I read about Prostatitis sounds horrific.

Finally, I went and saw a Proctologist who as i started to do some more research and realized that the urinary symptoms could be related to the fissure. Sure enough, the Proctologist diagnosed me with a chronic fissure and prescribed me with Nifedipine to use 4 times a day. He told me he did not agree with the Prostatitis diagnosis because my prostate was not inflamed when he tested it.

It has been a bout 3 weeks of using the Nifedipine and for the most part the urinary and anal symptoms have improved. However, from time to time, when I am sitting alot or eating sometime that causes my stomach to be upset and have more bowel movements than usual, I do start to feel the urinary symptoms come back. Also, i feel swelling and pressure in the anus area from time to time.

I would just like to know if anyone else has experienced similar symptoms as me. How long did it take for you to heal? what did you do about it?

Thank You,
Jimmy7223
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Anal Fissure Causing Urinary Issues

Postby Canadabum » 15 Jun 2015, 17:43

Jimmy...sorry to hear about your ordeal. I had a similar experience early on in my fissure adventure (which is still ongoing).

For me it presented at night...a couple times i woke up needing to go to the bathroom to urinate...and afterwards i couldn't shake the feeling (pardon the pun). I was up all night feeling the need to urinate but not able to....felt like i was losing my s&^t all night. After this happened a couple times i went to my GP who said it sounded like a UTI...he did not suggest prostatitis because that condition will present with other issues (like a really enlarged prostate among other things). I was prescribed antibiotics (Cipro) -- a powerful and general one because if it was bacterial it is hard to target the prostate and that area in general. I didnt have the same sort of pressure feeling at the same time as my urinary issue.

Isnt this all just a barrel of fun :)

I was lucky on this front...after one round of antibiotics i did not experience this again....perhaps you should discuss cipro with your dr.

I hope this resolves quickly and well.

canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Jimmy7223 » 15 Jun 2015, 17:48

Thank you for the response. So the Cipro cleared up the urinary issues? How long were you on them?
Jimmy7223
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 15 Jun 2015, 17:57

I was given a 10 day course of Cipro....i think it was 2 pills a day. It is a general and powerful antibiotic. My Dr. was pretty blase about it all...he basically suggested that if the 10 day course did not work we would try a second 10 day course that would most likely clear it all up.
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 15 Jun 2015, 17:58

....and yes, the cipro did clear up the issue.
Canadabum

Postby randyyang » 21 Feb 2017, 07:27

hey i had the same issue for the last four months, My symtom is It feels like i can't empty the bladder, every time after i pee, put the pant up some remaining urine will drip out my urethra by walking, sometimes it feels like the last drip of urine get stucked inside of my penis, it's soooo uncomfortable. doc also told me i had prostatitis, but i think it's something related to the fissure
randyyang
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Jimmy7223 » 21 Feb 2017, 09:49

I am happy to report that I have been pretty much symptom free for over 8 months at this point. I am really convinced that this was a nerve related issue. There are a lot of very sensitive nerves in that area and if one gets damaged i think it just takes a long time to recover. Even at this point I will occasionally get a real bad itch on my scrotum and if I scratch too hard I will feel similar symptoms for the rest of the night but eventually they subside. I think originally I must have just done some damage when dealing with the itch. Who knows...it was very strange but i think time is what cured me. Nerves just take a very long time to heal.
Jimmy7223
Fibre Addict

Postby randyyang » 21 Feb 2017, 10:04

Hi Jimmy 7223 thanks for your reply, I don't have any symptoms in scrotum, the only symptom i have is urine was dripping out of my penis after finished urination, urine stucked inside of penis feeling, did you experienced those symptoms before? How long does it subside in your case? I have this symptom for almost four months now.
randyyang
Salt Bather

Postby Jimmy7223 » 21 Feb 2017, 10:16

When this first started I had that exact same feeling. It lasted for several months unfortunately. I went to a urologist who just wrote it off as "prostatitis" and gave me a long course of antibiotics. After about 8 months the symptoms began to subside to the point where i was feeling normal again. Now I feel perfect, but it was a long road. This whole time there was nothing wrong with my prostate I truly believe that i experienced some kind of nerve damage and I am not sure exactly what led to it. But, I believe everything is connected nerve wise in that area, so if something goes awry, then i could cause a number of different sensations, one of which being the feeling that you have not fully emptied your bladder, even though you had. I remember standing at the toilet feeling like there was urine dripping from my penis and there would be nothing coming out. Looking back, I would have seen a neurologist for an opinion.
Jimmy7223
Fibre Addict

Postby randyyang » 21 Feb 2017, 10:27

yeah, I went to several urologists, they diagosed me with prostatitis, I agree with you it was some kind of nerve damage, i remember at the beginning i got penis pain,but that symptom seems subsided. I also had anal fissure on and off for more than a year now, is your fissure fulled healed? what did you do to prevent retearing? I always got a retear after healed..
randyyang
Salt Bather