Please help me

anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Please help me

Postby Savaici » 16 Jun 2015, 21:02

Salamon, nearly 95% of people who have LIS recover very well and move on with their lives. You have only to look at the board to see how many have moved on and are living a normal life after the surgery. Take a look at our success stories for examples of people's recovery after LIS. A very good example (just one) is another of our admins - pinpin - and also Davo, one of our moderators. I will try and find the links to their success stories and post them for you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 16 Jun 2015, 21:04

Savaici
Administrator

Postby Savaici » 16 Jun 2015, 21:08

Pinpin's recovery link:

slow-recovery-after-hemorrhoidectomy-t7348.html

Hope these two links might help to reassure you. They are both males, by the way.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby salamon555 » 16 Jun 2015, 23:48

Thanks alot my friend for this info , ill update you about my app. tomorrow
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby salamon555 » 17 Jun 2015, 14:51

Hi you all , just get from app , CRS told me that there is only one option he can offer for me to get better is the surgery , he did just eye exam to my fissure he cant go deeper but he suggest to do colonoscopy next week first to check for colon cancer first , then it is up to me to decide the surgery , forget to mention that he switch from Nidepifine to Diltiazem , and want me to use Miralax to soften the stool and Aleve for extreme pain .
i m so desperate I just want this pain go away of my normal life . Thanks all
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 17 Jun 2015, 14:58

Thanks for the update Salamon. Is your CRS offering you LIS for surgery? Do you know why he switched your ointment? They are supposed to do the same thing, although, diltiazem is more likely to cause a skin reaction. I'm glad he suggested Miralax, I was just about to tell you how it seems to be the best stool softener out there (at least is seems to work for most on this forum). I have used it for a long time and it seems to be very good at making BMs soft. I take mine by splitting my dose between breakfast and supper. I think this provides me with a consistently soft BM anyway. Maybe that would help you with the hard starts.

Do you have a family history of colon cancer? Has your CRS done a lot of these surgeries?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 17 Jun 2015, 16:33

Hi Msimon , yes he said will do LIS , I ask him about experience of it he said he did lot of them , he switched the med coz my wife suggest to change it in case will be better since Nifepidine didnt do anything . i dont have a family history of colon cancer but told him whenever i start having a BM i see some pink blood with the stool and some in the paper toilet and i felt in my deeper anal pain beside the pain from anal fissure but im not sure about that is it only the fissure which causing me all this pain or something else , it could be some hemorrhoids but really i dont know , for this reason he want me to do colonoscopy . sorry about my English lol
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 17 Jun 2015, 17:11

How long have you had your fissure? How long did you try the nifedipine for? It can take a couple of months to work. What is your first language? Your English isn't so bad ;)
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 17 Jun 2015, 18:41

about 3 month ago I experienced some pain due to the constipation I thought , but it got aggravated more and more , but a month and half it was incredible pain, it made me go to the Doctor clinic he give me lidocaine and refer me to the CRS . he said that i have a fissure and i start using nifedipine for almost a month and half i believe . but what made me think about the surgery, is the massive pain i had. you cant imagine most of the time after BMs I think that i m dying . the spasms put me in agony throughout my whole body. what makes it worse is it stayed for more than 10 hours . so right now Im relying on this forum discussion. hopefully all those who are experiencing cases like mine will advise me to do the right thing as i have never known about the anal fissure in my life but in this forum i starting to get some education and im so thankful
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby salamon555 » 17 Jun 2015, 18:59

tell me Msimon did you have a LIS?if so,could you tell me how things went for you?How did you feel afterwards?How was your first BM after surgery?[not to get too personnel].How are you doing now?Thanks.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist