As it goes...

Hopeful's diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: As it goes...

Postby hopefull » 15 Jun 2015, 22:24

It's a bit tricky and messy to insert, it is easier if it starts out a bit cooler so keeping it in the fridge is a good idea.
AF since Jan '15 postpartum
Taking: Lax-sachets, flaxseed oil, Mg
Topical: Diltiazem, Sudocrem
Circulation: Warm wheat bag, relax, short walks
Tried: Rectogesic, slippery elm, Lactulose
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 15 Jun 2015, 22:46

there have been quite a few posts on here about freezing coconut oil (to solidify it for insertion). Some have made their own suppositories. You can do a search for it...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby hopefull » 22 Jun 2015, 17:30

Feeling a bit down today about it all. Last night I had a BM at 3am with lots of blood on it, very disheartening. I wish it would stop bleeding. I went to the surgeon and now have lignocaine which is amazing if I can insert it early enough for it to start working but that is not always possible due to urgency. I had two days of not bleeding last week and got hopeful with just that so now with constant bleeding since then it sux.
I'm going to make a food diary to see if it is what I am eating that is causing the bleeding. It doesn't seem to correlate to the looseness so much. I'm not that tight down there which is common for anterior female anal fissures. Would be good if I could see some sort of correlation with bleeding and an environmental factor.
I'm lucky in the fact that I can spend time sitting on the wheat bag at home to cope with the pain. Generally the post BM pain doesn't seem that bad but perhaps because I am managing it a lot. But then the pain has usually subsided completely 5 hours after a BM.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefull » 23 Jun 2015, 16:11

Another stink day, had a very bloody BM, bright pink blood. So over it, not sure how the pain levels will be, will see once the lignocaine wears off but I can already feel a bit of a sting. Yesterday even though there was a lot of blood there wasn't much pain during the day and I felt very relaxed down there, it's so confusing. There was even more than one streak of blood today, it was a slightly hard tipped stool but I didn't strain at all.

Now just after talking to my partner, it could have been the chia seeds we ate the last few nights, he said they have stuck around for him. Going to eat super soft food for a few days, back to the sweet potato soup. BAH! so annoying.
:booboo:
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefull » 24 Jun 2015, 14:57

Just connected the dots to another reason why I might have had such a set back. The same night I had the first terribly bloody stool was the night my partner pointed out that my son of nearly 6 months had blood on his stool. I had a panic attack. He has just started solids and it is common for babies to get constipated and fissures while their system adjusts but obviously a nightmarish sight. There is no way I want him to go through this. Since then he has been on pears in prune juice and more water. So so stressful.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefull » 25 Jun 2015, 18:41

Had a small BM this morning with no blood, yay yay yay. Although last night I had a large bloody one at about 2 am then afterwards I had pain searing out from my coccyx and nausea. I've never had that pain before, couldn't sleep that's for sure. I wasn't sure if it was because it took a while to pass the BM and therefore I was squatting for some time but that doesn't explain the nausea. Had the dreaded hard tip problem so back to upping the fruit consumption. My new favourite snack is a rice thin sandwich with peanut butter and either dried apricots or honey.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby felix » 26 Jun 2015, 15:13

Oh Hopeful, it sounds like you are having a bit of a rough time...Is it normal for you to have BM in the middle of the night or do you think you might have a bit of IBS or something similar? I had pain in my coccyx when my fissure was a bit more of a pain and also had it very badly after I gave birth both times so maybe that has something to do with it and it is some kind of referred pain? I wish there was something more helpful I could say...Hang in there and maybe try some medihoney? I used to use it a lot in the early days and it did seem to help a little.
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby hopefull » 27 Jun 2015, 03:21

Hi Felix, good to hear you have lifted your spirits again after your wee setback, your inspiring :) I sometimes need to have a BM in the middle of the night if baby wakes for a feed and it takes a while to get him back to bed, then I need to do my morning BM as I've woken up too much.
It's strange but I feel like I am still healing even though I've had set backs but I am starting to consider surgical options as it's been 5.5 months and I still bleed most days. The pain isn't lasting as long during the day in fact in the evenings I feel perfectly fine most the time, it's just the bleeding that gets me.
Might try medihoney thanks for the tip.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby felix » 27 Jun 2015, 15:53

Aw, that is nice to say I am inspiring :) I really believe that healing is a strange process and that it is better to measure it in months/weeks and not days. I have noticed that I have had no spasms for nearly a month and less soreness in general yet had the bleeding episode last week...I reckon it is a process with a lot of setbacks but the more time goes on, the longer between and less severe/shorter those setbacks are. I am obsessed with my bottom but keep telling myself that one day it will be a bad memory, the same is hopefully true for you too. I think you are amazing to be dealing with this and a new baby/night feeds etc....Sending you healing thoughts!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby hopefull » 29 Jun 2015, 23:52

My anal fissure is feeling good! But...... the hemmie has come back and bled a lot yesterday, boooo. I don't actually feel that bad about the hemmie as the AF is sleeping :) I also have had the best stools ever the last few days so will be sticking to the diet on repeat for as long as I can. Not sure what I can do for the hemmie, currently using Sudocrem, heat and trying to not sit on my bottom, don't want to use any HC which actually helped before.
I contacted another surgeon, a CRS to see what they offer, she said sphincterotomy and BoTox and that she doesn't give out rectogesic nowadays as she never saw a patient heal from it, interesting....I think doctors should read the forums.
hopefull
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to Diaries