Almost healed but...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Almost healed but...

Postby Tushi » 30 Jun 2015, 11:52

Today I was about to post that after two plus months of religious treatment my af had finally healed; however, this morning -much to my chagrin- there was blood on the wipe after a regular, non strain , no pain BM.
I am so disappointed and discouraged and sad. After a few hours of this morning's bm, some discomfort developed; nothing like the excruciating pain I had had.
If the fissure reopened, I can't seem to find the answer to why this has happened when I had finally reached the point that felt complete healing and normalcy. I must add that although I already felt healed, I decided to finish the ointment and continued applying the Diltiazem compound prescribed.
My life for the past two and a half months has been around the af, treatment ... I am afraid of any long car rides, of taking a vacation, changing geographic locations and having to deal with jet lags and messing my bm routine.
Is this what I should expect in the future?
Tushi
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Almost healed but...

Postby felix » 02 Jul 2015, 12:56

Hi Tushi,

I don't have real words of wisdom but did want you to know that exactly the same thing has happened to me. I had 3-4 weeks of no pain, then some blood and discomfort (really mild) for a few days and now had another week of no pain...maybe it is just how the healing process works? I would carry on with Dilt and try not to worry too much..as long as things are improving, it is all going in the right direction x
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Tushi » 03 Jul 2015, 00:13

Thank you Felix. I guess it helps to know one is not alone and what I am experiencing is not unique.
I try to keep calmed and not too frustrated. Yes, I'm continuing with all the treatment.
Tushi
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby anteater » 10 Aug 2015, 03:51

I think the way to rationalise this one is to compare it now to how it was at its worst - I'm sure it's much improved and is just part of the journey we're all on. For what it's worth, I haven't used TP for 10 weeks on the recommendation of my CRS to address my Pruritus Ani. I therefore wouldn't see the blood, become aware of reduced symptoms and be disappointed. Hope this helps a bit
anteater
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Daisy Mac » 10 Aug 2015, 08:01

I've had several relapses but I find each time that I heal a little quicker than the last. Hopefully this is your last relapse!
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12