Skin Tags???

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Re: Skin Tags???

Postby skoonix » 07 Jul 2015, 01:41

Gangreen - yes my tag has changed size before. I, too, at first thought I had a protruded `roid. But only for a few days before I did go see a CRS (the place that did my colonoscopy last year - all good) who looked & said - this isn't a hemorrhoid, it's a fissure & this is a skin tag over it. And that's what made it difficult in the beginning - to properly get the RX ointment WHERE the fissure actually is. I know the skin around there absorbs it anyway but not until I was carefully getting the ointment on the fissure itself with a Q-Tip did I start to really heal. It's three weeks now & I've had three days in a row with no pain BM and no pain the rest of the day - whereas Wed. I had so much constant pain I almost cancelled going to a charity event I was needed at. As someone else said on here "you have to think of healing & getting better in weeks and months, not days" & I think that's true. Patience is needed & that can be difficult. We have a wound on an area that NEEDS to expectorate daily (pretty much) so the chances of re-injuring it is high. I also found Sitz baths very helpful after each BM (when it was possible). Keep reading this forum, I found it extremely informative.
skoonix
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4