bath, sitz, epsom salt

does this work for anyone?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

bath, sitz, epsom salt

Postby anniebee » 19 Aug 2015, 17:05

Ice seems better for me than heat but willing to try Epson salt bath. Does the salt increase burning pain on fissures? What's your experience with Epsom ? Thanks
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: bath, sitz, epsom salt

Postby Savaici » 19 Aug 2015, 19:17

Never used Epsom salts, only plain warm water. Others have though. Use the search just under the photo (not the one on the right) and you can search by topic for Epsom.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Daisy Mac » 19 Aug 2015, 23:20

I used Epsom salt in the sitz bath and regular bath when my fissure was at its worst, spasms and all, and I didn't notice any burning. I didn't really notice a difference between a salt bath and a regular bath, to be honest.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby hayleyw » 20 Aug 2015, 10:39

I agree with Daisy. I use Epsom salt in every bath. It doesn't irritate my fissure at all. On the packet it says not to use if you have open wounds but my fissure isn't really on the outside so exposure is minimal in my case. If your fissure is exposed on the outside it might sting a little I suppose but you can only try and see. As Daisy said, I don't notice a difference between salt baths and regular baths though adding salt supposedly cleans you better and helps to prevent infection. My fissure did get infected a few months back so keeping it clean is important to me now. I also used dead sea salt for a period which was no different from Epsom in my opinion.

I'd say using epsom salt was a good idea. It's pretty cheap anyway. Make sure you keep in the bath for 20-30 minutes to get benefit.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby anniebee » 20 Aug 2015, 11:20

I appreciate all of the input. Tried it and no burn and I felt more relaxed after the soak. Going to keep it up as I see that being so stressed makes it worse. It's a vicious circle of stress and pain.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11