My anal fissure Story

A scream from hell

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My anal fissure Story

Postby chachacha » 29 Aug 2015, 21:42

I agree with Savaici. Everything that I've read here and via google searches, tells me that removing tags may not be a good idea. I had one that belonged to the fissure (before surgery) and developed 3 more afterward. They do not bother me at all, and the only time I'd consider removing them, is if they did. It would still be a hard choice to make though, based on what I've read about doing so.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby salamon555 » 29 Aug 2015, 22:38

Thank you all for the help with information that you have given.Wish me luck on Thursday when I have my LIS. I really appreciate being able to come here and ask questions and get real answers from real people ,who have really gotten the procedures done.You all are lifesavers!
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 30 Aug 2015, 22:38

I had my sentinel tag removed during my LIS as my CRS felt that it is part of the fissure and impairs healing (the other one I consulted with said he would do the same thing). The part that bothered me the most with my tag is the stitch he put in when he removed it. It was like being stabbed with a needle every time I breathed and was so glad when it fell out. In the end I am happy I had it removed as it was painful when I had the fissure. I did develop more tags from my sphincterotomy though but most likely because I got the infection and then had to have a second surgery to clear that up. It was a narrow tag though and I think the pain and recovery would be greatly affected by the size of the tag being removed.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 03 Sep 2015, 17:42

Hey,I just had my Lis,and 3 tag removal at 10;30 this morning.It was necessary to remove the tags according to my surgeon.I was in recovery for about 2 hours.The Nurse told my wife that I had a hard time waking up.I could hear her say to me-Please wake up Zak,please wake up.;],after she said, that she said it many times.She would talk to me and ask me the same questions.Each time I would ask if the surgery was over,and she would say yes.My wife was given after care papers and RX's for pain.I was wheeled to my car and slowly,made my way back into the house.I am very loopy and dizzy,and drowsy,but pain-free.I tried to sleep a little,but only slept for about 30 minutes.I had eaten some apple sauce and some jello when I first got home and then drank some Miralx in anticipation of the RX of pain killer.I worry a lot about constipation.I will also be taking my stool softener later on tonight.My wife came home and I ate a cup of vegetable soup.It was so good!It is the first time in many months that I have been pain-free.I could have eaten much more,but refrained to do so,as I am anxious about my next BM.I tried to eat half an avocado with olive oil and then I drank more water and took my pain pill.My throat hurts a little,since they had stuck that tube down there during surgery,but I am sure this too will go away.All in all,I don't feel any pain and feel pretty good.I know it is because of the pain killer,but at this moment I will take what I can get.When I left in the morning to go to the doctor,I was in extreme pain I almost tell him to take my damn colon out of my body and just put a bug in my stomach ,something I hope never to feel again. Ok,well I will update you all when I can.Thanks for all of the help and advise.I consider all of you guys in this forum,my extended family!So thank you all my brothers and sisters!;]
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 03 Sep 2015, 18:28

Congratulations on getting through your surgery Salamon! I hope you continue to do very well and heal quickly. Make sure to keep on taking those stool softeners and stay ahead of the pain by taking your pain meds before the pain gets really bad. Keep us updated on how you are doing.
msimon

Postby chachacha » 03 Sep 2015, 18:40

What great news. It sounds like everything went well and I hope that you're back to your normal routine very soon. Congrats!
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby salamon555 » 03 Sep 2015, 18:57

Than kyou all so very much for your kind words and great advise.I am trying to lie on my back as my hip is starting to hurt from lieing on it for so long.My wife tod me that if it doesn't hurt to lie on it,then lie on it.If it is too painful that I will figure that one out right quick.Just wanted to know if was ok,I am afraid of opening up the insicion more. thanks again
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 05 Sep 2015, 19:27

I would let pain be your guide but rest as much as possible to heal quickly. Try to move around frequently though so you have good blood flow. Many people avoid direct pressure like in sitting. I know what you mean though, my hips, back and neck got very painful when healing as I spent a lot of time laying around. How are things going?
msimon

Postby chachacha » 08 Sep 2015, 22:03

How are you doing salamon? I hope that you are healing well and not experiencing too much pain.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby antonia » 08 Sep 2015, 22:21

I understand this too well. My surgery went well. I am glad to be out of the pain and daily drag of worrying about my butt. I think you will be happy with getting a repair. I had mine in June, and no pain. I followed every bit of advice I could find. I still do a pretty scrupulous clean up with a portable shower massage after each bm (at home), and do take hot baths. I take miralax daily and watch my fiber. I also still take my colace daily. I hope you can get relief. I have not regretted the surgery. It was nothing compared to the weeks of agony and being uncomfortable. I actually cried some nights from the pain. it is just a memory now.
antonia
Fibre Addict