My Diary on Fistula

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary on Fistula

Postby Garrod » 31 Jul 2015, 13:40

I wasn't sure which muscles he was talking about, I got confused over all those names ;) but it was certainly higher fistula with higher risk of incontinence. But I'm doing ok with that :)
I always wondered about the pregnancy, given that even women with no previous issues down there develop fissures, hemmorhoids, abscesses during and after childbirth, but he waved it out, but he kind of had an attitude like: 'nothing should stop you and don't worry', rather than giving a medical advice. I've read in forums that women for that reason chose c-section.
Garrod
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Garrod » 17 Sep 2015, 16:48

Just a quick update here, had another check-up today, 2 months after surgery. My CRS says my wound looks good, healing inside first, a little bit left to close, and to come see him again in a month.
He was surprised I still wear a gauze-pad, but I do have discharge still, he made no comment on that, I guess it's fine. Discharge was nearly gone until a week ago, since when I had more of it, yellowish, but mainly clear. Sometime there is tiny amount of blood, not sure actually, it's kind of pinkish, so I figure it's blood. From what I saw there are 3 or so little piles in the wound, like skin tags, not sure what to think of that, but it didn't seem to catch dr's eye.
I have no idea what happened to seton. He told me it should fall on its own, I never saw it coming out of the wound, and I have no clue whether it fell out (got no feedback on that from CRS).
Garrod
VIP

Postby Savaici » 17 Sep 2015, 20:37

Glad it's going well for you :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Garrod » 15 Oct 2015, 08:06

A potential success story?
Just had a check up, my CRS says it all looks really good, though from what I saw, the wound/scar didn't change from the last month, there is a deep grove, like a valley and small skin tag in it. He checked muscles for continence, all fine.
He said another appointment is not needed, unless there are changes, leakage etc. I should come see him. Was so excited about it, forgot to ask if I still need sitzbaths, though after a year of doing it everyday, it becomes a routine, I cant stop doing it :)
Garrod
VIP

Postby msimon » 15 Oct 2015, 12:03

So glad to hear it Garrod! Congratulations! Thanks for letting us know.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Savaici » 15 Oct 2015, 19:01

I haven't given up my Sutz Bath either, Garrod, so don't feel alone! Very glad to hear that things are going well for you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Garrod » 16 Oct 2015, 08:15

Yes, it's difficult to give up on that routine, though mornings will be shorter without them ;)
Garrod
VIP

Return to Diaries