New - Fissure for 6 weeks.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New - Fissure for 6 weeks.

Postby basefree » 30 Sep 2015, 07:27

Hi, I'm new here, 28 year old male and suffering from an anal fissure.

I ended up with a fissure about 6 weeks ago, possibly connected to the drug Accutane I was taking. The fissure wasn't super painful, but no doubt irritating. By week 4 I basically felt it was gone (I was also off Accutane by then) and I was relieved. However, the following week something happened that made it 100x worse.

I must have retore it even further/deeper somehow because the last two weeks have been agony. Like the glass shards-in-tears pain people speak of. I saw my family doctor and one at a walk-in, both basically told me sitz baths, stool softeners, etc. And I've been doing all that but still in immense pain.

One thing I've noticed is I'm using the washroom less even though I'm taking laxatives here and there and eating more food that encourages regularity. In a way this helps me avoid that pain but if course I'm worried my stool is getting harder and I'm going to have a really bad BM that makes things worse. I feel I'm doing everything to have regular BMs but my body itself seems to be in fear of them.

Obviously I just want things to go back to normal, but am I in this for the long haul now? I don't want to have to do surgery or botox.

Thanks for reading.
basefree

Topics: 1

Re: New - Fissure for 6 weeks.

Postby owmybum » 03 Oct 2015, 11:55

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully if you carry on with a good diet, plenty of water and sitz baths you will heal. Have you been prescribed any cream? Diltiazem, nefadepine,or rectogesic? They will help improve blood flow and help healing.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !