My Journey

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: My Journey

Postby rufftime » 30 Oct 2015, 07:10

I thank you for your posts - I'm 8 days out, my fissure wasn't near as bad as yours and your recovery sounds a lot like mine which is encouraging. We're also just about the same age and in similar health so it's a good marker of what recovery should consist of. Appreciate the sharing!
rufftime
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby SakPase » 30 Oct 2015, 09:50

That's why I wanted to do it rufftime. I'm telling you, I wouldn't wish this journey on anyone. The six weeks of fissure was torture. The recovery has been very uneventful for the most part for sure...and yet you become so obsessed with everything regarding your butt.

Hang in there. My biggest leap in improvement for me came around day 10. The pain stopped with BMs, and life felt normal. And at about 16 days, I took off to Haiti and life became "normal."

I'm still not "normal" but I'm getting there, and you will be too!
SakPase
Salt Bather

Postby SakPase » 05 Apr 2016, 11:37

I couldn't walk away without doing a final post.

I had surgery August 18, 2015. I had a deep, nasty fissure. The doc told me it would heal in 3-4 months. That's a long time, but I hung in there (with a lot of emotional drama going on, too...) :)

December 7 I visited for a follow up, and the doc told me we were almost there. Things were almost healed and by New Years, I would be done. I had two more check ups on December 18 and December 29.

December 15, I got a phone call and my doctor was out of the office indefinitely due to medical leave. So that was an even longer period of waiting.

Yesterday, I finally saw him, heard what I knew, that I'm completely healed.

I know that the mental journey is not over. I'll continue to eat well and be cautious, etc.

For those that read this, experiencing pain, surgery, etc., hang in there. There is an end in sight. Life does get better. Listen to your doctors. Be patient.
SakPase
Salt Bather

Postby Sufferingbadly » 05 Apr 2016, 14:14

That's great!!! I'm so happy for you! I haven't had surgery, I just use miralax nightly and as long as I'm soft, I'm good. I appreciate the update, ENJOY LIFE!! You deserve it!!! Woohoo! :)
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby msimon » 05 Apr 2016, 14:39

So glad to hear it. Thanks for coming back to share. Enjoy your life!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64