AF Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

AF Diary

Postby Dnank » 28 Nov 2015, 11:42

I posted in another forum a couple times. I thought this nightmare was ending, but it has gotten bad again. I'm now starting this diary to document my struggle. Maybe it will help me beat this thing once and for all.

History: Chronic anal fissure with sentinel pile caused by long term constipation and too much pushing during bm. 35lb weight loss so far. GP said hemorrhoids. Self-diagnosed AF. CRS agreed and prescribed Nifedipine which I have been taking for 5 weeks. It doesn't seem to be helping much. I've also drastically changed my diet. My stool is now softer and I don't have to push as much to go. During bm pain is bad but the after-bm pain is much worse because it lasts for hours and has been 10/10 pain many times. I'm going on 3 months with bad AF, but I first noticed it months before that.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: AF Diary

Postby Dnank » 28 Nov 2015, 11:57

Diet (per day, morning to night):
- One veggie smoothie (spinach, avocado, coconut water, apple, blueberry and scoop of amazing grass green superfood).
- Two Fiber Well gummies
- One dose of Miralax
- Lunch often apple and fiber one bar
- Lots of water
- Konsyl fiber supplement - one teaspoon in water
- Regular (light) dinner but avoid dairy, meat and anything else that might cause constipation
- Magnesium tablet (250mg)
Last edited by Dnank on 01 Dec 2015, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 29 Nov 2015, 09:56

Yesterday was a good day. I had a BM in the evening, which is my preference, and the during-bm pain level was lower than the previous several days at only about a 4/10. No (or very little) blood. I took a 25 min bath after, dried off, applied nifedipine and laid on a heating pad for a couple hours. Not much after-bm pain.
Last edited by Dnank on 01 Dec 2015, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 29 Nov 2015, 21:10

Today was about average. During evening bm pain was about 5/10. There was a little blood. After, I had constant stinging, not the bad spasm pain so it wasn't as bad as it could be. Did the usual: bath after BM, then nifedipine and heating pad for a couple hours.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 30 Nov 2015, 22:23

Same as yesterday with a little improvement. During BM pain was 4/10 with no blood. Had to push a little more than normal to go. Didn't feel like I went as much as I could have because I didn't want to push any harder. The burning was pretty bad 2 to 3 hours after bm. Same routine otherwise.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 01 Dec 2015, 18:56

Improvement over yesterday. The during BM pain was slightly better but I still give it 4/10. Tiny trace of crusty looking blood. I know, that's too graphic, but I'm hoping it's a sign the fissure is healing. After BM has been better. Not nearly as much burning.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 02 Dec 2015, 22:44

Interesting evening. I had my normal 5-6 pm BM, and it was a little better than yesterday. I give it 3/10 for pain. Then I took a bath and laid on the heating pad. I ate dinner after a couple hours. My CRS said more fiber so I've been eating more in food and increased supplements. I think I overdosed on it after drinking a bolthouse blue goodness. They have 12grams of fiber in 11oz. I had to go again 2 hrs after my normal evening BM and have felt like I still need to go more for hours. My stomach is a mess. Hopefully I haven't aggravated my fissure. I'm feeling some burning but not bad spasm pain.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 03 Dec 2015, 18:18

More improvement despite the events of yesterday. BM was only 2/10 pain. Didn't even think I would go today after yesterday, but just like clockwork, I had to go this evening. After has been good so far. Still sticking to diet (except no fiber gummies) and routine.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 04 Dec 2015, 18:59

Slight improvement again today. It's baby steps but at least it's positive. It's taking forever to get better, but I know I shouldn't complain. I noticed a little blood on the last bit of stool. I hadn't noticed it before but I don't usually look closely. No blood on the tp. Pain level low today. Its been itchy which hopefully means its healing.
Dnank
Salt Bather

Postby Dnank » 05 Dec 2015, 18:10

Very itchy today. I think thats a good sign. Evening BM was about the same as yesterday. No blood. Still taking after-bm coconut oil bath, which is a hassle, but I'm afraid to stop now. I might try stopping that tuesday. That will be two weeks since I had any after-bm spasm pain.
Dnank
Salt Bather