SEVERE, unbearable itching.... reaction to turmeric?????

SEVERE ITCHING

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

SEVERE, unbearable itching.... reaction to turmeric?????

Postby needhelp » 18 Feb 2016, 15:03

I'm having severe severe severe itching in the entire anal area. The entire area is extremely sensitive and itching, including near my vagina. It is unbearable. I can't even touch it. Wiping with a wipe sends waves of excruciating itching throughout my entire body....kind of like pain waves when you stub your toe. I don't really know how to describe it as I never thought this kind of itching was possible. I used turmeric mixed with olive oil for about 3.5 days prior to this starting.The turmeric wasn't bothering me at all and then all of a sudden, bam. I don't know if it's the turmeric or something else. It is definitely not just the fissure. It feels like a yeast infection on steroids in my anal area.

I had also started taking a turmeric supplement.

I have now stopped everything. But it isn't getting better. I can't sleep. I am laying in bed in complete agony for 2 days now. I have an appt with my CRS tomorrow morning.

Has anyone else had a reaction to turmeric? Or have any idea what this could be?
needhelp
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: SEVERE, unbearable itching.... reaction to turmeric?????

Postby needhelp » 18 Feb 2016, 15:10

Also, I did apply the turmeric internally as well as on the outside, so if it is the turmeric i don't know how long it might take to fully leave my system???
needhelp
Fibre Addict

Postby felix » 18 Feb 2016, 16:51

Hi,
I don't know what it is but sounds horrible. Have you tried using some yeast cream (canesten or something similar) and perhaps sudocrem to try and soothe the area and protect it. I would also perhaps take some piriton for the itching or a generic brand of antihistamine.
Hope you get some answers soon!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Manitourose » 18 Feb 2016, 18:51

needhelp,
Let us know what the CRS says. I have been going through something similar, but not as severe as yours. Nonetheless, itchiness to the point that as someone described on here as ecstasy when scratching and making life impossible. Clearly any scratching intensifies the itchiness & irritation. No matter what I stopped using, or used it didn't make a difference. I've dealt with a fissure for a long time and never had the issue.

Lately I've reduced my baths as I think it was drying the skin out and applying A&D (zinc) cream after the bath. I go through about a 1/2 hour of convincing myself not to scratch, but after that it's been much better. I've also started an over the counter oral allergy medication to try and combat it.

The turmeric may have something to do with it as we just end up with such heightened sensitivity in general in that area with these bum issues. I'm wondering if mine had to do with a drastic diet change since I had never experienced it before with my fissure.

Hope you get answers too. The itch is miserable!!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby needhelp » 26 Feb 2016, 01:47

The first CRS sent me home after I sat in his office and bawled with absolutely nothing. I saw another one a few days later, and he confirmed my suspicions that it was an anal yeast infection. I just finished 3 days of diflucan 1x a day, and then will continue 1x for the next three weeks. It started improving within the first 24 hours and has gotten better day by day. Apparently anal yeast infections are harder to treat and stay gone, but I'm hoping and praying for the best. Maybe the could be your issue as well??
needhelp
Fibre Addict

Postby Manitourose » 26 Feb 2016, 08:46

Needhelp,
I'm SO glad the 2nd doctor listened and treated you. How unbearable to deal with! I was thinking of you the past few days and hoping you were feeling better.
I'm doing better as well. Not sure what was going on but it seems to have resolved a bit. As long as I don't start itching I'm ok.
Manitourose

Topics: 14