What's next?!!

Just had a fistulotomy

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: What's next?!!

Postby Manitourose » 01 Nov 2015, 15:32

Patience is all that is mostly required on the hole near the hole unfortunately. Wish there was more too it. It takes awhile for that final bit to fully heal but I think you'll notice slowly but surely it will change. Actually may not be that slow, perhaps a few more weeks. I would just keep up what you have already done to reach the point you are at, such as sitz or baths, taking care of yourself. diet, water. So great to hear you are improving!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Embracingthehole » 27 Feb 2016, 07:48

Hi,

It's been almost 5 months after my fistulotomy. I struggle with a small part of the scar tearing and bleeding. I moved to a new city and found a good CRS. He examined the wound yesterday and said that it hasn't healed fully. He applied silver nitrate to the innermost edge which is the same as the end of the "hole" I was referring to in the previous post.

What can I do to help it heal quickly?

Naomi
Embracingthehole
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Manitourose » 27 Feb 2016, 08:03

I don't have much of an answer but wanted to say I can relate Naomi. I had my fistulotomy in June 2014. It healed but now that is where I get a "fissure" tear, or basically the scar tissue tearing. So far the only thing recently that has helped to get some healing is a complete overhaul of my diet. Since I was diagnosed with celiac disease in Dec. 2015, I decided to heavily focus on fruits, veggies, less grains (quinoa and such). It's the 1st time I've had more healing in sometime. I find myself frustrated too with this scar tearing. I'm out of options myself.
Glad to hear the doctor did some silver nitrate to give that a shot. I also moved to a new city and then saw a well regarded CRS. He immediately wanted to do a fissure type surgery. Just not up for that after the fistulotomy. Let me know how you get on too!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Embracingthehole » 27 Feb 2016, 08:19

The past two months I also did a complete overhaul of my diet as well. I lost 25 pounds so far and I am feeling great. All the fruits and vegetables I am digesting keeps me regular. It's probably best for the scar tissue as well that I don't force to poop. I go back in four weeks to see if I am done or need more silver nitrate. That thing hurts!
Embracingthehole
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1