My story.

Just did LIS and hemorrhoidectomy

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My story.

Postby Sunset » 20 Jun 2016, 09:55

Hi
I'm new here..
Actually this is my first post.. However I've probably read every post on here in the last few months.
But after my surgery I thought I should come post my story.

I got constipated once back in February while I was on antibiotics. And I felt some pain one day after bowel movement. It was bad but tolerable. But each day seemed a little worse. But still I could manage. If I laid down for half hour , I'd be ok. But it's slowly kept getting worse and started being sharper pain that would last longer so I finally went to my family doctor.

She said drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber. So I did. And for another month things weren't getting better.
I went back and she sent me to ER because I had a fever (fear of infection) ER booked me for a colonoscopy two days later.

So I did colonoscopy and Doctor said I had a fissure and a hemorrhoid, and to eat more fiber and drink more water, and I got nifedipine and pain killers.

But the awful thing is that the colonoscopy made me worse! Way worse! (I know it was neccesary to do but how awful) the test must have scraped against the fissure going in and coming out of me because the next morning bowel movement was the worst pain of my life (and I've had kids and surgeries)

For the next two weeks I suffered way more than that last four months. 7-8 hours a day of screaming agonizing pain. My life was a mess, I couldn't do anything, I couldn't take care of my kids at all, it was horrific. I think I've read every article and remedy on the Internet. I tried eveything. Everything.

I also bought every OTC med that exists. Some made me burn, some did nothing. I ate a perfect diet of both types of fibers. But every morning I would dread going to the washroom (and I go everyday at 7:30 like clockwork)
And though my bowel movements were soft and easy, the pain would start in about ten mins and get worse and worse. I couldn't get my kids ready for school or take them. I couldn't walk, sit, stand, or lay down. I was going crazy, screaming and crying. I tried warm bath, ice, creams, oils, nothing would work.

I went back to see the doc that did the colonoscopy two weeks later (this past Friday)
And he asked me how I'm feeling and I just started crying. So he said come in tomorrow for sphincterotomy and hemorrhoidectomy. I cried more. Cause I've read so many horror stories. I was so scared. He looked at me and said "you want me to fix you?" I said yes. And I went back the next day (Saturday)

I went in at noon. Was out at 3. I won't lie, I was in pain once the anesthesia wore off. A different type of pain. Plus all the dressing shoved up pretty tight was causing pain as well. Doc talked to me after surgery for a few mins. And warned me that my first bowel movement was going to hurt. The thought of more pain made me cry again (a lot of crying the past few months yes)
I cried all the way home in the car and once I got home I laid on my side and took my pain meds. It was painful yes, but not as brutal as the fissure pain.

I was home for one hour and suddenly I felt the urge for a bowel movement. Off schedule, and of all time now! Seriously? What luck!?I still had the surgery dressing in and I just got home. I almost fainted from fear. But I went to washroom.. Had a movement. And got straight in bath. Honestly, it wasn't that bad! It hurt, yes, a bit. Nothing compared to the past while! Nothing like the agonizing spasms of the past weeks. I actually took a deep breath and relaxed. Oh my god I did it! I felt at ease. Yes my butt still hurt. Lots of pressure. Felt like I was kicked there.
It was hard to sleep that night, but kept on pain meds ever four hours. I was able to sleep the night too.. Tough to roll over but honestly I slept ok.
Yesterday I woke up with some pain, walked slowly and easily. Spent most the day laying on my side watching tv. Only got up for washroom. Just took it easy. Had a bowel movement that was again actually quite fine. Little pain. And straight to the tub.

And here I am today. Much better already. It hasn't even been 48 hours and I just had bowel movement and sat in the bath.

I'm so relieved. I'm so happy I did the surgery. I'm just gonna take it easy the next week but I can feel myself getting better.

If you can do the surgery, I say do it!!
Sunset
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: My story.

Postby chachacha » 20 Jun 2016, 13:18

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so happy to hear that things turned out so well for you and I wish you a speedy and full recovery going forward. Please keep us posted as your healing continues.

:actiongirl:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 21 Jun 2016, 07:50

So happy you are progressing. Thanks for sharing. Rooting for you and wishing you a very speedy recovery.
Best wishes and hugs
HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby paine » 16 Jul 2016, 19:34

so happy for you. ours are much same story only the pain is tolerable. but my case dont get better since february and the crs didnt find anything wrong and sent me home. im suffering with this and its ruining my life. it silently kills me. good luck to you!
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Sunset » 16 Jul 2016, 19:57

How did they not fun anything ?
That's horrible, I'm sorry you are going through this. You should see another doctor maybe?
It's been now 5 weeks since my surgery and I must say I pretty much 99% back to normal.
Tiny bit of pain or sting sometimes when I go to bathroom but nothing I would have even paid attention to before probably.
Sunset
Fibre Addict

Postby Sunset » 16 Jul 2016, 20:00

Correction
It's actually been exactly 4 weeks.
Sunset
Fibre Addict

Postby paine » 16 Jul 2016, 22:31

yes sunset. i will try to go to another doctor when im feeling better because last week when i had seen the crs he examined me digitally and said he found nothing and that exam damaged me further now. im living in ibuprofen practically just to function. i hope for your complete healing. im alsi hoping i get healing too.
paine
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Sunset » 24 Jul 2016, 10:09

Ok, so I'm hoping someone reads this and can help me figure out what's going on.
(I can't find where to post a new post/question so I thought to just add it to my story)

It's been five weeks now since my hemorrhoidectomy and sphincterotomy and I've been doing pretty good! But... Been a little stressed out with things lately and maybe kinda ate "bad" for a few days.. Had one hard bowel movement- not extremely but hard enough to need to push.
There was some blood and a little pain/pressure almost feels like a little swelling. It's been three days like this now, feeling the slight pain still even after soft bowel movements
I'm kinda scared now, can this be new hemmorhoid? Or did I tear fissure again? I'm just so scared to go through same hell i already did
Sunset
Fibre Addict

Re: My Story

Postby sjrose99 » 31 Jul 2016, 19:42

Good for you! The Internet searching only takes us so far. Trust your doctor, which you did. Often, it's worth it to suffer a little more pain to get well. I had my bladder removed at age 40 due to Interstitial Cystitis. I was working, raising a teen-age daughter and trying to keep up with normal life. After 12 months, I'd had enough. I flew to USC Medical Center, LA, and had major surgery for a Kock Pouch (out with the injured, in with the new). That was over 25 years ago. So many opinions, so many negative comments from people who knew nothing of the pain and how quality of life is ruined. I'm proud of you for taking care of this matter.
sjrose99
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1