LIS surgery scheduled 2.5 weeks

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS surgery scheduled 2.5 weeks

Postby ah97 » 04 Jul 2016, 00:33

Hello! I am 19 yrs old and have been dealing with a chronic fissure/skin tag for about a year. I went to a good CRS and he said I definitely do have a chronic fissure and that the only way it will heal is by having the LIS surgery. I was just wondering if there was anyone who has had a similar experience? I get a crawling sensation a few times per day and flatulence is difficult to get out. Basically I'm just wondering if these symptoms are normal and if anyone has had LIS let me know what I'm in for :).
ah97
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: LIS surgery scheduled 2.5 weeks

Postby Manitourose » 05 Jul 2016, 07:38

Hi ah97, welcome! I personally have not had LIS surgery, but plenty of people on here and many who don't most on here (usually because they are healed up now) have had this procedure. Best way to get a lot of information until someone posts here on your thread is to take a peek at the search function. It is in the top right. I'm sure you will find a wealth of information.
Welcome again and we are here to support you, you definitely are not alone. :wel:
Manitourose

Topics: 14