Finally healed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Finally healed

Postby Johnny91 » 25 Jul 2016, 15:51

Hello guys,
I've been suffering from a nasty anal fissure since the start of June 2015. It started after the worst case of diarrhea i've ever had, which lead to a couple really large, really dehydrated stools.
At the time (and actually a couple of months before the hard stool that ripped my anal canal) i was suffering from very frequent urination, so frequent that i in fact would wake up 5-10 times in the night to pee.
I was used to eat a lot of fibers at that time, so having to pass bulky but relatively dry stools through a healthy anal canal wasn't so much of a problem. So i didn't had any idea on what was going to happen.
I must note that i was always a very frequent toilet user, i would go most of the times twice a day and always had very fluffy stools.
At that time though, frequent urination lead to body dehydration and to stool dehydration.

I started by eating lots of fibrous foods every day which lead to bulky stools but actually dehydrated hard like playdoh stools.

Anyway after 7 months going through diet schedule, stool softeners such as macrogols, lactulose and mineral oil and psillium fibers, which end up making it worse most of the time, i found a potential cure, which was Milk of Magnesia. That alone helped a lot on keeping the stools hydrated, and after using it continuously for 4 months every night, helped a lot to stabilize the anal skin.

Just recently (1 month ago) i eventually decided to stop taking milk of magnesia one night, and since then everything goes great.
Frequent urination made a huge impact on the situation of course and it seems that for uknown reasons it went away, like it first came.

I still had some issues with the area around the anal area, like itchiness when i was walking or getting sweat in there. I used sudocrem for that and it healed every leftover pain/itchiness in 2 days after applying 6-7 generous doses.

So i would like to leave some very basic advice to fellow sufferers who started to suffer recently and have no experiece.

In terms of food, i found butter beans, eggplants, buckwheat, apples & oranges to be most helpful.
Also don't overdo it with fiber, too bulky is too painful.

Between macrogols, lactulose, mineral oil & milk of magnesia, the last is the cheaper and the best for long term use. I've tried all of them, macrogols need a lot of grams and i didn't like the effect, lactulose was too weak, mineral oil would usually do the work but its messy and not so healthy. Milk of magnesia needs the right dose and it does the trick (the best for me was 10-15ml at night and every night).
Rectogesic didn't work for me, i had mild to no headaches but most likely didn't work because i didn't have yet solved the urination issue. You could as well skip it, since its expensive and could be useless.

Olive, coconut oil and other external use stuff didn't help me at all, i actually believe that, itchiness first occurred when i did a sitz bath with coconut oil.
Instead give sudocrem a try.

Painkillers are very helpful, especially those which help stop the swelling after BMs
I see that most prefer ibuprofen, my personal favourite is mesulid though. It does also have a anti-inflammation effect

Thats all, i might add some more stuff later
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Finally healed

Postby roseya » 26 Jul 2016, 00:26

Congrats on being healed! :)

Did you just take milk and magnesia and apply sudocrem?

I agree that sudocrem is amazing and helps with any irritation, although I did not really feel it help with healing the fissure any faster.
My recovery diary thread: http://anal-fissure.org/my-recovery-diary-going-the-natural-route-t10836.html
Soft stool: olive oil + coconut oil with meals, 2 magnesium citrate 150mg caps
Creams used: Polysporin (2 antibiotics), Sudocrem, Vaseline
Amazing fiber spreadsheet: post123866.html#p123866
roseya
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Johnny91 » 26 Jul 2016, 06:23

Hey thanks!
All i'm saying is that what i described helped me to finally heal my chronic fissure but i guess it depends on everyone's gut.

I believe now that if i didn't have that Frequent urination issue i would heal in a couple of weeks without any medication or diet change.
The underlying cause of the urination and body dehydration lead to it getting chronic, and i actually had that in mind back then, from the early beginning, but i just couldn't focus on it due to the major pain i had after each BM.
The only thing i'm still afraid of, is that i haven't figured out why i had that frequent urination since it stopped on its own and i'll be clueless if it ever comes back again.
Milk of magnesia helped a lot to keep all these water intake in though, so it will do the job again if needed.

The only problem with milk of magnesia is the first couple of days that takes to find the right dosage, because too much will lead to mild diarrhea and too little will not provide sufficient results.

Bottom line is that, stool consistency is the key to heal, because its the most long term variable and all other stuff depend on it.

Even when you take it down to blood supply, after the acute form, if you manage to have sufficiently soft stools you will end up helping it mend the rip.
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Postby randyyang » 27 Jul 2016, 05:54

Congrats,Johnny91
Mine was healing too, just went back from hospital, Doc said I am almost there.
my question is, when is the last time that you had setback before fully healed? do you still feel some scar tissues or any scratchy feelings down there after healed? like sentinal tags or you just feel totally normal again like used to
thanks

As for the frequent urination, I had this problem too,I used to pee alot. It has something to do with prostate, try to avoid drinking cold water, instead drinking hot at least warm water,, also eat lots pumpking seeds,, that helps me a lot with this issues. give it a try
randyyang
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Johnny91 » 27 Jul 2016, 06:35

Hey,
Actually i had a lot of setbacks from the early beggining, but with every setback i was getting slightly better after a few weeks.
I still have some weird sensation and mild pain for minutes after i have a BM but nothing too painful, just a hot irritation. I've forgot how the normal feeling was though.
I should check it with colonoscopy again some time soon but im sure there is some scar tissue there from the multiple re-rips.
I believe it will get slightly better over time, but never like it was if i dont surgically remove the tags.
At the moment i'm satisfied with getting back my life, not having to plan anything or having to get up from bed to drink milk of magnesia cause i forgot it. I have no irritation 5 mins after i leave the toilet no matter what i eat and i don't depend on anything anymore.

I'm afraid to do any ectomies in there because it might get me back to pain i struggled so much to get rid of.
Regarding urination, i'm sure that it had something to do with the prostate because when i was in pain it would hurt even while peeing. But i had already been experiencing frequent urination before actually ripping the canal.
At that time, its been months since i saw normal color pee, i used to pee clear water liquid.

Pumpkin seeds have a lot of electrolytes that help retaining water in body that would be useless otherwise. I've been eating alot while long distance cycling instead of getting powder electrolytes. I did try it back then before the fissure but it wouldn't help so i figured it was something pathological and planned to focus in it weeks before the fissure occurred.

At what state are you right now? What did the doctor used to tell you about your state?
Johnny91
Salt Bather

Postby randyyang » 27 Jul 2016, 08:30

Thanks for the reply

Actually I just posted my experience with doc today, you can check it out if you are interested: fissure-almost-healed-cut-a-skin-tag-today-t10861.html

well, I had urination problem since I was little kid, I pee all the time.
lately I figured out that it's not just related to prostate but also stomach,,, if you have weak stomach it also contribute to this problem, that's why I mentioned drinking warm water, cuz Iced water do hurt your stomach.
think this way, people usually pee more often during winter than summer right? at least drinking warm water seems worked for me. also i learned to masturbate less, I know it sounds funny, but masturbating too much can hurt prostate somehow, cuz it's not the natural way to let it out like actually having sex with woman. not to mention having too much sex could hurt prostate too,,
randyyang
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Johnny91 » 27 Jul 2016, 08:52

Thanks for the link, but don't underestimate the nerves of the mucosa. Just remember that fissures could be of 1mm length but still hurt like hell.
I never had any issues with frequent urination before no matter the water temp.

During winter its natural to pee more until you limit your water intake. You have a lot fewer needs than during summer. In the past, up to 2012, i was cycling long distances all year, so i had a chance to measure "statistically" my water needs. During low temp i could do 40km without drinking any water or isotonic drinks and not pee at all. During summer months i would need 1lt powerade and 4lt of water to complete the same distance in the morning, and still no stop to pee. Also after summer in the first days of September when the climate changes quickly, i would pee all the time until i'd limit the water i'd drink.

For the record, i drink water at environmental temperatures most of the time cause i'm too lazy to load the refrigerator :P
Try drinking some isotonic drinks instead of water, it might help you retain it, but some of them have artificial sweeteners which are said to trigger water expelling.

Also give Milk of magnesia a try, it's also supposed to maintain your gut humid and it helped me when nothing else would work.

As you probably have already noticed, healing of that part of the body is being done in a very slow rate, so you should be very patient.
I remember i was desperate for a cure back then so much i would lose my mind and search every forum for something different to try. Until i actually gave up and used milk of magnesia to maintain the stools soft and my nerves painless.

Give it a shot, and if you have outside irritation, try sudocrem as well. Refrain from expensive marketed stuff cause most of the time they are taking advantage of your pain to get rich.
In a couple of years i believe i'll be very close to what it was before the incident, maybe it will work for you too.
Johnny91
Salt Bather