My LIS/fissurectomy diary

Hoping for full healing after 3+ years with fissure

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My LIS/fissurectomy diary

Postby Luka » 23 Aug 2016, 12:37

Thank you for the advice, mypoorbutt. I will try to not look at the horror stories. I know those are the ones that get posted the most because people are more likely to complain online than talk about something that went great and they are now cured. The success story people just move on with their lives and I don't blame them for not hanging around. And, yeah, you don't know the full medical history of the people that post bad stories. So, I will try to think of that. There are so many more people out there that say the surgery was the best decision they ever made, so I will just hope and pray that it will be for me, too.

Is a fissurotomy the same as a fissurectomy or is it different? Just a question since I'm curious. I hope you get in for your LIS soon. I know it sucks waiting, which I've been doing for months and months without any improvement since this got worse last year. It's awful.

So much throbbing and pain today. : ( I guess my BM didn't sit well with me again; yesterday was so much better. I also get pain that radiates down my hips, thighs, and legs, as well as up my back and in my vaginal area. It sucks so much. My CRS said that pain is referred pain and is from the fissure messing with other nerves in the body. I'm guessing it's related to spasms, too. Do others on the forum get that, I wonder?

Please, God, let this surgery work! Getting on the road to recovery is all I want right now in the world.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Aug 2016, 12:43

Yes that's so true if I do get healed from LIS I will def post and would keep coming back as this has been the most horrific experience of my life and I couldn't have coped without this forum.
Yes they are the same just different terms at least that what my CRS said.
I know what you mean it's so annoying when the pain starts to radiate thankfully don't have that much since Botox but I can feel it starting again sometimes after a bad BM.
It will work...you have no reason for it not too you will be fine and I will find your story reassuring for when I have my LIS
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Luka » 24 Aug 2016, 08:53

Thanks again for the positive thoughts, Mypoorbutt. I need more and more of those now as the big day approaches. I feel oddly calm, yet scared at the same time. Is that weird? It's really hard to describe. I know I'll be terrified when I get there and will just want some "happy juice" to calm me down through the IV. I'm not at all a drug addict (I hate taking any kind of drug since my mom had addiction problems to alcohol and prescription drugs when she was younger and has told me horror stories), but I need something to help me get through this.

Not much to report. Yesterday I had a lot of pain, so I didn't do much, although I have been focusing on cleaning a lot. When I get very anxious about things and just want to get my mind off stuff, I tend to clean a lot. So, that's what I've been doing to occupy my mind. That, and watch lots of cute and funny YouTube videos. : )

Dreading the magnesium citrate prep tomorrow as I've got my period and am already having bowel and cramping issues. I don't bleed much at all with my periods due to the birth control pill, which is good, but I still get cramping and BM issues (as well as PMS and emotional problems) with it. My mom keeps saying to not worry about the prep and just drink as much as I can since it's not like this is a colonoscopy. I will try. I am definitely going to eat less tomorrow and hope that helps. I'm sure I will be starving since I eat so little as it is.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Luka
VIP

Postby Luka » 25 Aug 2016, 10:42

Really freaking out today. I'm filled with all sorts of worries and emotions and my mind is racing. : ( Everything just hit me and I'm struggling. I need to take this one step at a time or I'll completely overwhelm myself with anxiety and I fear I will cancel the surgery (which I know I need) if I freak out too much.

I don't know what to eat today, either, if anything, and am dreading the magnesium citrate prep in the evening. I'm so regular in the mornings that I just don't want to take the prep. And I'm afraid if I don't eat what I normally do, that will screw up my routine in the morning. So, ugh, I'm at a loss right now. Again, I guess I will just do the best I can and hope for the best.

My stomach is upset and my acid reflux is really acting up due to stress and not having much of anything in my stomach. My butt doesn't feel too bad today (oddly enough), but there is still some throbbing pain there since I already went to the bathroom twice. My period is also giving me cramps and a headache. I'm just all messed up right now.

Wish I had happier news to report, but I'm just feeling pretty down at the moment. I know I will push through this, but I'm struggling right now. I do have a couple of Ativan that my CRS gave me in case I start to panic really badly tonight or in the morning. So, at least I have that. I hope I don't need it, though.

Will update again tomorrow morning before I head off. Surgery is tomorrow afternoon at 1:30pm, although I have to be there earlier at 12:30pm for pre-op. Wish me luck and prayers, everyone.
Luka
VIP

Postby chachacha » 25 Aug 2016, 14:20

Luka, I will think about you tomorrow afternoon and wish you all the best. I am sure that you will do really well and once it's over, you'll be on your way to the recovery process which will probably be much better than what you're dealing with now.

Good luck!

:%_+:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Savaici » 25 Aug 2016, 20:11

Luka, will be thinking about you tomorrow. Soon you'll be on that Recovery Road!!! :smilyhug: :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Luka » 25 Aug 2016, 21:03

Thank you both. Just drank the prep. Now waiting for the results. Will post tomorrow morning.
Luka
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 Aug 2016, 03:16

Good luck luka,
Will be thinking of you today, this is going to be the first day of your life post fissure I'm sure everything will go great for you
Hugs
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Luka » 26 Aug 2016, 08:33

Thank you all! : ) *big hugs* I really appreciate the good thoughts.

Prep didn't start working until about 10pm last night after I took 3/4 of the Magnesium Citrate bottle at 7pm (I could only stomach 3/4 since I felt like vomiting it up at that point and didn't want to risk it) and then I only went a little bit. I woke up a few times during the night to go and this morning and it was pure liquid. : ( Stomach is still gurgling a little, but not sure how much left I have to go.

I am heading off for surgery around noon. Eager to get this done and be on the road to healing and recovery after 4 long years with this fissure. Wish me luck and hopefully I will reply back today or tomorrow depending on how I am feeling.
Luka
VIP

Postby chachacha » 26 Aug 2016, 08:57

I love looking ahead when I'm facing something that I don't want to do, so just think of yourself in 5 hours from now. You will be someone who has already had the procedures and will have already started your recovery.

Whoo Hoo!

:actiongirl:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19