Fissure family eh!

Help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure family eh!

Postby kalyan1982 » 08 Aug 2016, 06:36

I have been diagnosed with AF posterior 12'o clock. I had a minor surgery and lost my father the next day, hadn't eaten well for several weeks as i was close to my father. Not eating and having to take antibiotics for the surgery has constipated me and thats how my AF came about.

I do not have SPASMS, just pain during BM which on occasions can be severe. It tore again twice in the last 3 months however I still do not have SPASMS after BM, its only during the BM that I seem to have pain. The CRS I visited offered me LIS straight away. I have been on creams, good diet, sitz bath and the complete drill basically. I have even stopped laxative/stool softners last 3 weeks and my stools are soft. No matter how soft they are, it still pains a little and severely sometimes. Does my case come across as one needing LIS. Please let me know your thoughts. My pain is bearable and i am only worried about developing an infection because I am severely constipated when taking antibiotics.

What can I do to make sure the area is clean every day and still apply the creams. I asked the CRS and he refused to answer this question. As per him its only antibiotics that can do this and he is pushing me towards surgery. I have a lovely caring wife who is supporting me through this miserable journey so far since my father's passing. I have so far been brave but its slow starting to impact my work. There is lot of stress at my work place and this AF is taking a toll. Everything I do now revolves around AF and impacting not only me, but my family also. I do not want surgery as i have had 2 surgeries already in the past 3 years(not AF related though, they are for totally difference reasons). I just want to quit my job due to this stress but my loans etc...are keeping me on my toes. There is no peace and quiet in this AF world, its all about what happens during your next BM and the cycle continues. I have rambled enough.

Just glad that there are people who understand the pain I am going through and happy to be sharing.

Regards
Kalyan
kalyan1982
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Fissure family eh!

Postby Buttpalsteven » 28 Aug 2016, 16:00

Hi Kalyan,

Wow - you have been through a lot. I hope with time since you've posted that you have found some emotional and physical relief.

Regarding your first question, knowing if LIS is right for you is entirely up to you. I was in a similar position - I only had AF problems during BM and it wasn't all of the time. For me though, it began interfering with my overall well being. When I did bleed or feel pain after a rough BM, I became scared to have BM which would cause me constipation and worsen the situation. If having this fissure is causing you the same distress as it sounds like you've had to alter your life abit - stool softeners, creams, sitz baths - maybe the surgery is right for you if all of this time and adjustment hasn't resulted in a positive change. I only had the surgery 6 days ago so I can't tell you what life is like after the surgery just yet - but I knew the surgery was the right step for me. Is it for you?

To keep the area clean - using wet wipes after passing a BM is a great idea. You can even use wet wipes throughout the day (maybe you work at a job that causes you to sweat down there). This will keep you fresh - and if you have the capability - take sitz baths to help you freshen up as well. Some people on here keep a bottle of water with them at work at use it to clean themselves after a BM.

Good luck with your decision - we are here for you!
Buttpalsteven
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby kalyan1982 » 03 Oct 2016, 08:52

Thank you for your time. Sorry i could not respond sooner as my family has had other health issues and i was in between hospitals. Sadly, due to travel, I had viral fever, prescribed powerful antibiotics and got constipated and re-tore a partially healed fissure. I guess you are right, I will see for 2 more months and then decide on surgery. But this whole thing is really very depressing and scary. You can no longer live the same life you had before. This changes everything. I pray for my fellow sufferers well being on a daily basis as no one should go through this emotional and physical ordeal.
kalyan1982
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Oct 2016, 12:49

Hi Kalyan,
sorry to hear you are suffering its an awful pain to have. Thanks to botox my spasms stopped for a few months which was great but the burning stinging aching pain has now returned and its difficult ti live a normal life even without the spasms.
You have to do what is best for you but i would go for the LIS as once these things decide they are staying its very hard to get rid of them. Maybe your will be different as they were caused by a specific set of events.
good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20